What's new

Solved iPhone 5C

Z

Zero

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
My brother recently tried to reset his jailbroken 5C through the Settings app, that royally ****ed it, and I can't figure out how to restore a backup.

Tag 7s, T Tabuu

Operating System
  1. iOS
M

MiX6

Smitty
Reaction score
Hold the power and home button and plug it into itunes. U should be able to restore through itunes

T

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
My brother recently tried to reset his jailbroken 5C through the Settings app, that royally ****ed it, and I can't figure out how to restore a backup.

Tag 7s, T Tabuu
Hold the power and home button and plug it into itunes. U should be able to restore through itunes
Like he said, that's the way to do it. Step by step is in my thread here.

T

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
It doesn't give an error message, it just says this:
Hmmmm from what I could find, it's an issue with how or where iTunes stored the backup of the device. Put it in DFU mode and try the restore again, it shouldn't have a name for the iPhone if it's in DFU mode.

Z

Zero

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Hmmmm from what I could find, it's an issue with how or where iTunes stored the backup of the device. Put it in DFU mode and try the restore again, it shouldn't have a name for the iPhone if it's in DFU mode.
Just tried that and after downloading the ipsw, it came up with an error saying "iTunes could not restore the iPhone because an error occurred."

T

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Just tried that and after downloading the ipsw, it came up with an error saying "iTunes could not restore the iPhone because an error occurred."
Are you sure you have the right IPSW? I'm kinda curious as to why it's not giving you an error code...

Z

Zero

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Are you sure you have the right IPSW? I'm kinda curious as to why it's not giving you an error code...
iTunes said it was downloading 9.2.1

T

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
iTunes said it was downloading 9.2.1
Oh you downloaded it through iTunes...ya idk then. Have you tried the normal troubleshooting like swapping the USB ports, trying on another computer, or switching the cables yet? Don't forget to try restarting the computer as well.

Z

Zero

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Oh you downloaded it through iTunes...ya idk then. Have you tried the normal troubleshooting like swapping the USB ports, trying on another computer, or switching the cables yet? Don't forget to try restarting the computer as well.
Yeah, I tried with different ports with both his and my cables on two separate laptops, sadly nothing has worked so far. I'm beginning to think this thing is bricked for good.

T

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried with different ports with both his and my cables on two separate laptops, sadly nothing has worked so far. I'm beginning to think this thing is bricked for good.
Nah it's insanely hard to brick an iOS device. Try an older version of iTunes. We're running out of options here haha

Z

Zero

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Nah it's insanely hard to brick an iOS device. Try an older version of iTunes. We're running out of options here haha
I'll try it out tomorrow morning.

T

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
I'll try it out tomorrow morning.
Fair enough, let me know if there are any changes. You can also message me on the public slack anytime, I'm always on there.

Z

Zero

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Fair enough, let me know if there are any changes. You can also message me on the public slack anytime, I'm always on there.
I got it fixed this evening by downloading the 9.2 ipsw from ipsw.me, just got everything he was using back from iPwnStore.

Top Bottom