What's new

Question iPhone 4S No Volume.

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
So recently I jailbroke my phone but really did nothing with it. I restored my phone and when I was listening to music my volume slider disapearred. So now I can't hear anything but when someone calls me I can put it on speaker and hear background music etc. Any idea on how to make the volume come back so I can hear again?
Tabuu Tabuu

Operating System
  1. iOS
Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
So recently I jailbroke my phone but really did nothing with it. I restored my phone and when I was listening to music my volume slider disapearred. So now I can't hear anything but when someone calls me I can put it on speaker and hear background music etc. Any idea on how to make the volume come back so I can hear again?
Tabuu Tabuu
Believe it or not, this is sort of a common problem with the 4s. Something happened where the phone isn't fully detecting the speakers as an output device. Really at this point you can try restoring it again or going and getting a replacement. The same thing happened to my friend, but he ended up getting a replacement.

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Believe it or not, this is sort of a common problem with the 4s. Something happened where the phone isn't fully detecting the speakers as an output device. Really at this point you can try restoring it again or going and getting a replacement. The same thing happened to my friend, but he ended up getting a replacement.
Well I've restored it about 2-3 times now and still hasent fixed it. I tried cleaning the dock and headphone jack with a tooth brush and alcohol seem to work a bit but then messed up again. It's weird because if I push something in the charging dock it detects it the volume bar comes up then as soon as I take it away it goes vanishes. My phones not under warranty that's why I'm asking what should I do?

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I've restored it about 2-3 times now and still hasent fixed it. I tried cleaning the dock and headphone jack with a tooth brush and alcohol seem to work a bit but then messed up again. It's weird because if I push something in the charging dock it detects it the volume bar comes up then as soon as I take it away it goes vanishes. My phones not under warranty that's why I'm asking what should I do?

There really isn't anything you can do. It's sad because 4S's start falling apart after about 9 months. If you want, you can call apple support and SE a free replacement out of them.

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
There really isn't anything you can do. It's sad because 4S's start falling apart after about 9 months. If you want, you can call apple support and SE a free replacement out of them.
Mind helpin me and telling me what to say? Private message me please?

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Mind helpin me and telling me what to say? Private message me please?
It's really not hard, you just have to complain enough and talk about how you used their service to restore your device and it broke your phone. Just go off on that.

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
It's really not hard, you just have to complain enough and talk about how you used their service to restore your device and it broke your phone. Just go off on that.
What if the serial I have is stolen? Say I bought it off eBay and such?

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
What if the serial I have is stolen? Say I bought it off eBay and such?
Oh no no no, we aren't getting a free phone, we are just getting a replacement. If you really do have a stolen serial, you are out of luck. Something happened during the restore where the phone doesn't detect the speakers anymore. There really isn't a for sure way to fix it.

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh no no no, we aren't getting a free phone, we are just getting a replacement. If you really do have a stolen serial, you are out of luck. Something happened during the restore where the phone doesn't detect the speakers anymore. There really isn't a for sure way to fix it.
Well the serial I have is considered "Locked" I was using it as wifi and music, pictures etc. So your telling me I can do a replacement because of that? This blows ****ing phone blow.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Well the serial I have is considered "Locked" I was using it as wifi and music, pictures etc. So your telling me I can do a replacement because of that? This blows ****ing phone blow.
Well I mean it's worth a shot but you would have a stronger case if you bought it from them.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
But won't they be able to bring up the serial and see it was registered under the oringial persons name?

Ya probably, so you will have to have a good excuse. If you bought it off ebay the warranty won't carry over anyway. You can always try to say "this is your product, you guys should be able to back the quality of your product, this is your fault....blah blah blah"

ErenLove

ErenLove

That Canadian
Reaction score
Sin$
This MIGHT help...

Symptoms

When someone calls, I can't hear them through the receiver or speaker phone, and I can't hear music through the speaker. I also can't be heard by someone who is calling me.
Note: iPhone has one speaker, which is adjacent to the dock connector. On iPhone 4 or later models, the speaker is to the right of the dock connector. On earlier iPhone models, the speaker is to the left of the dock connector.

Resolution

1. Verify that there is nothing plugged in to the headset jack, including headsets, headphones, or adapters.
  2. Make sure the Ring/Silent switch is not switched to silent.
  3. While on the Home screen, adjust the volume buttons. If you see the icon below, indicating that headphones are attached, there may be debris or an object lodged in the headset jack:
    TS1630_01.jpg
  4. Check the headset jack. If there is an object lodged in the headset jack that is not easily removed, have the iPhone serviced to remove object.
  5. For Original iPhone: If there is light debris, such as lint, in the headset jack, try connecting a pair of headphones to the headset jack and then remove the headphones. Repeat this several times to remove the debris.
  6. If you have installed a protective film on the display, either ensure that the receiver is not covered or remove the film completely.
  7. Check the receiver mesh (which is on the top front of the device, above the display). If it appears blocked, use a clean, small, dry, soft-bristled brush to carefully and gently brush away any debris.
  8. If you have paired with a Bluetooth headset that is nearby, either use the headset or turn Bluetooth off (choose Settings > General > Bluetooth).
  9. Restart the iPhone.
  10. If restarting the iPhone doesn't resolve the issue, try restoring the device.

This has also been resolved before apparently, by users, by plugging in their iPhone to charge, though that hasn't really been marked as a great way to do things.

Top Bottom
Login
Register