Iphone 3GS Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by punkskater2448, Jun 19, 2009 with 18 replies and 504 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punkskater2448

punkskater2448 Taking Over The World Retired

Ratings:
    For those who have the new Iphone what are your thoughts on it? How was your experience while upgrading or buying it new?

Here was my experience:

The apple store opened at 7:00am. I had a migraine the night prior and was throwing up all night so when I woke up at 8 I got ready and left. I made it to the apple store around 9:45AM. There was two lines one for reserved, and one for non reserved. I got in the non reserved lines since I did not have my phone reserved. They offered me a bunch of food, and drinks.

Then they took about 3 people from reserved line for ever 1 non reserved. I waited in line for about 20 minutes walked in, sat on the computer and did my quick update getting started thing, then a sales person got my phone and charged me for it. Then I got moved to a genius who activated it for me then I left.

I was very pleased with how they handled everything. They were really organizsed this time around. Total time spent at the apple store 45 minutes. Good job apple!

Thoughts on the phone. I love it. It sems lighter and smalled than my current phone. I finally got to get the black shell phone that I have always been wanting. I loveeee the video, and love the focusing camera. I can't wait to see what kind of apps will come out in the future for this beast.

The phone is lighting fast. Landscape to regular takes no time at all. Its almost instant. Crap my foods burning down stairs. Anyways great phone I love it whats your htoughts?

2. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I

Want

One

Everyone I know uses Verizon....if I switched to ATT my phone bill would like double :thumbdown:

3. OP
    punkskater2448

punkskater2448 Taking Over The World Retired

Ratings:
    I have over 3000 roll over minutes. I text more than I call any one so having the unlimited text package is really nice.

4. Saiyan

Saiyan Member

Ratings:
    I want one so badly but for the life of me I cannot figure out the price increase, I know my bill would not go anywhere because I have a smartphone with internet, which is the same price as the iphone data plan, but how much do the 3GS's cost for someone who has a plan already?

5. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    There are seperate plans for iPhones...you cannot use a 'normal' plan with an iPhone

Packages & Deals List - Shop - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

6. Saiyan

Saiyan Member

Ratings:
    I know but im going to drop my $30 internet plan for my smart phone, then Im going to get the $30 data plan. They told me when I was at the AT&T store that I would just have to buy the phone.

7. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:

I didn't think you could use the same plan but maybe you can?

Where's Sizzles when you need him?

8. hoss halo3 modder

hoss halo3 modder Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What they would do for him when he goes in they will switch his plan to an iphone plan and give him the iphone. If he's upgrade is within the next three months. If not you pay extra on the phone

9. ABoyBrush3dR3d

ABoyBrush3dR3d Enthusiast

Ratings:
    just got one yesterday also and its great.
    although its heavier than my 3g was (cause i had a 16 and now i have the 32)
    but its a better phone overall.
    i dont even miss my jailbroken 3g.

10. T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Are you eligible for an upgrade? If so, it's $199/$299 for the 3G S or $99/$149 for the 3G. If you're still in contract, it's $399/499 for the 3G S and $299/$349 for the 3G.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang

Ratings:
    That Was only for the first gen iPhone the newer ones. Will fit right into a normal plan but it is reqired that you get the 30$ data plan

so basically if you already have the data plan you are good if you don't it's 30 bucks more a month

12. ugotpwned5

ugotpwned5 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    iPhone 3GS in my view is very similar to the iPhone 3G. I have been a owner of all three iPhones so far. The built in compass is pretty sweet with the turning feature in google maps. Other than that...32G=heaven. auto focus is amazing when taking picture compared to other phones. Video recording is flawless. :thumbup:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8mTGl0J3po[/ame] (used built in uploader)

13. hoss halo3 modder

Ratings:
    Kool. Dude i wonder if some one takes apart the 3G and the 3GS if there is really any difference

14. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I want a 3GS, except I don't wanna drop $500 on one. I'll stick with my 3G until I can upgrade or until a price drop on the 3GS happens I guess.

15. Forgoten Dynasty

Ratings:
    Didn't your mother ever tell you not to judge a book by its cover. The hardware in the 3GS is Twice as good as the hardware in the normal 3G
    Just because it looks the same on the outside doesn't mean it is

You might be covered in this.
    http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/iphone/135398-iphone-3g-s-upgrade-no-fee.html

• Like Like x 1
  16. hoss halo3 modder

Ratings:
    Ok i was just wondering how many differnce they had

17. Forgoten Dynasty

Ratings:
    Yeah they changed more 3g >3gs then they did edge>3g

the only thing they upgraded in the 3g was the phone/ATT parts

In the 3gs they didn't have any new technology for it so they uped all the iPod components

Like forget about the phone for a second and pretend they are iPods the edge to 3g nothing changed 3g to 3gs every thing was upgradel
    now as far as ATT are conserned its the same because they didn't upgrade the 3g part only the ram and processor so it can process whAt gets sent to if faster

18. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    So what if you aren't currently an ATT customer? Can you still get a 'regular' plan as long as you pay for the data?

19. Forgoten Dynasty

Ratings:
    yep