• Start date
  • Views 51,657
FOV

FOV

the observable world. ☯
Reaction score
Sin$
Good evening sinners,

It has come to my attention that Niantic is handing out IP bans for people using excessive amounts of bots on one IP address. This happens because the bot keeps spamming request API for actions for the bot. One way to avoid this is to use less than 4 bots at once, but for some, including myself, it's too late for that.

IP bans are not permanent, but depending on how many times the bot made requests to the API after you received your ban will determine how long you're actually banned for. This can be an inconvenience for many of you, including myself.

Also, there is speculation that Niantic is in the works of a new banning system. Most botters, including myself, have already experienced part of it, which includes a new type of soft ban: the "CatchFlee" error. More bans below.

IP Bans:
  • Soft IP Ban: 20-min ban of your IP. (Accounts using this IP can't see Pokestops or Pokemon.)
  • Hard IP Ban: Permanent Ban of IP adress. (Accounts using this IP can't see Pokestops or Pokemon that way Niantic shuts down servers which use the API)
Account Bans:
  • Soft Ban: Account-specific, time until unban variates.
    • Results in:
      • Can use Pokestops, but no loot.
      • Instant Pokemon flee.
      • Pokemon don't spawn.
  • Hard Ban: Cannot login into your account, mail from Niantic (more info on this as more information becomes available.)
How to know if you're IP banned? Simple. Your bot will say "No usable PokeStops found" or you'll have an infinite soft ban loop.

Workaround? (not good at tutorials so bare with me)
  1. Open your browser and visit http://www.okayfreedom.com/
  2. Click "Download OkayFreedom" for free
  3. Install OkayFreedom on your computer via the okayfreedomintdle.exe file (you should know how to do this)
  4. Navigate to this specific OkayFreedom promo page and input your valid email address
  5. Hit submit and check your email for your premium code (ABCD-EFGH-IJKL-MNOP-QRST-UVWX-YZ12-3456 format)
  6. Look in your taskbar for a little icon that looks like an eye. Right click it.
  7. Click "Enter Premium Code"
  8. Enter your premium code that you received in your email, and hit "Redeem"
You will then be a flat rate user, which allows you to enjoy Unlimited Traffic Volume free for for one year. That should be more than enough to bot your accounts.

This VPN also provides the luxury of switching to a different VPN in the click of a button.

Simply do the following:
  1. Click the little eye icon in your taskbar
  2. Hover over countries
  3. Select new country (make sure Pokémon GO is playable there, I'd assume)
  4. ???
  5. Profit

Feel free to tweak this tutorial around, as I said I'm not very good at making them. Just please give credit where credit is due.

Happy botting!

Last edited:
Jev-90

Jev-90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Good evening sinners,

It has come to my attention that Niantic is handing out IP bans for people using excessive amounts of bots on one IP address. This happens because the bot keeps spamming request API for actions for the bot. One way to avoid this is to use less than 4 bots at once, but for some, including myself, it's too late for that.

IP bans are not permanent, but depending on how many times the bot made requests to the API after you received your ban will determine how long you're actually banned for. This can be an inconvenience for many of you, including myself.

How to know if you're IP banned? Simple. Your bot will say "No usable PokeStops found" or you'll have an infinite soft ban loop.

Workaround? (not good at tutorials so bare with me)
  1. Open your browser and visit http://www.okayfreedom.com/
  2. Click "Download OkayFreedom" for free
  3. Install OkayFreedom on your computer via the okayfreedomintdle.exe file (you should know how to do this)
  4. Navigate to this specific OkayFreedom promo page and input your valid email address
  5. Hit submit and check your email for your premium code (ABCD-EFGH-IJKL-MNOP-QRST-UVWX-YZ12-3456 format)
  6. Look in your taskbar for a little icon that looks like an eye. Right click it.
  7. Click "Enter Premium Code"
  8. Enter your premium code that you received in your email, and hit "Redeem"
You will then be a flat rate user, which allows you to enjoy Unlimited Traffic Volume free for for one year. That should be more than enough to bot your accounts.

This VPN also provides the luxury of switching to a different VPN in the click of a button.

Simply do the following:
  1. Click the little eye icon in your taskbar
  2. Hover over countries
  3. Select new country (make sure Pokémon GO is playable there, I'd assume)
  4. ???
  5. Profit

Feel free to tweak this tutorial around, as I said I'm not very good at making them. Just please give credit where credit is due.

Happy botting!

Thanks for the tip.. so have you already been IP banned and for how long? Or are you starting to prepare? Also what level is your botted account at e.t.c?

FOV

FOV

the observable world. ☯
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the tip.. so have you already been IP banned and for how long? Or are you starting to prepare? Also what level is your botted account at e.t.c?

I came home today to being IP banned. Many fellow botters in my Discord chats are also being IP banned. It happens when you run 3+ bots excessively. I don't know how long I was banned for. I have multiple botted accounts, most around level 30, my main is at 34.

T

TVBT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
can I use multiple bots with this? btw its working thanks

We can use multiple PTC account with this, but when you use Okayfreedom with gmail accounts(which are softbanned) it will need app password (2 step verification)

Last edited:
FOV

FOV

the observable world. ☯
Reaction score
Sin$
Any idea how long IP bans are?

They vary depending on how many bots you have running, how long they ran after you banned, etc. 
can I use multiple bots with this? btw its working thanks

We can use multiple PTC account with this, but when you use Okayfreedom with gmail accounts(which are softbanned) it will need app password (2 step verification)

Up to 3 would be safe at the moment. Any more and you risk another IP ban on the VPN, meaning you'll need to switch countries to obtain a new IP.

88s26

88s26

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for this :tongue: i have 4 computers to use and i use my accounts on all 4 separate XD

Ruthless17

Ruthless17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They vary depending on how many bots you have running, how long they ran after you banned, etc. 

Up to 3 would be safe at the moment. Any more and you risk another IP ban on the VPN, meaning you'll need to switch countries to obtain a new IP.
I've been running 1 bot all day and just got IP banned. While more bots will get you banned much sooner I am now sure that the program is searching for all bots

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Any vpn's would be perfectly fine. Cyberghost is probably the best free VPN out there if you guys need another. Myself personally would just get my ISP to change my IP, but most don't really have that option so yeah.

Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
Sin$
A side note for anyone with a decent computer that wants to run more than 3 bots without impacting your main Windows install's network (I dont want to use a VPN on my server) - use 3 bots on separate virtual machines using a different VPN on each. Think of it as having multiple computers & IP addresses running from the same computer :smile:

Ruthless17

Ruthless17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Any vpn's would be perfectly fine. Cyberghost is probably the best free VPN out there if you guys need another. Myself personally would just get my ISP to change my IP, but most don't really have that option so yeah.
How difficult is that?

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
How difficult is that?
It's not difficult at all honestly. Depends on your location and ISP mostly. All you have to do is unplug modem for like 30mins to an hour then when you power it back on you should have a new IP.

B

BishopClub

Reaction score
Sin$
i just restart my modem, turn it off for 3 seconds and back on, done fresh IP

pacmanrulez

pacmanrulez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A side note for anyone with a decent computer that wants to run more than 3 bots without impacting your main Windows install's network (I dont want to use a VPN on my server) - use 3 bots on separate virtual machines using a different VPN on each. Think of it as having multiple computers & IP addresses running from the same computer :smile:

This I will have to test out.........

A

acezzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Haha this crap hit me today. I had 3 bots that were all sniping for pokemon, and all 3 were ip banned. I should have known better and now have all 3 bots running on vpn's on 3 different computers. Its kickin *** now lol.

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Guess I'm going to go watch the Dark Knight rises off my HDD while waiting for my IP to refresh. I'm on Slime Warner so pray for me. (Or sacrifice a goat, child, lamb, get stoned, drink some DMT tea, whatever your deity requires. If Atheist, cross your fingers.)

Edit:

Anyone with Slime Warner and the Motorola Modem only needs to unplug it for 45 minutes to release the IP. Mine was unplugged for roughly 1 hour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register