Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
You can install iOS and/or watchOS betas on your devices without needing an active Apple Developer account. This is achieved via signed Profile Certificates that allow your device(s) to receive the OTA update (and to continue receiving them once the profile is installed).

Current Betas:
  • iOS 12.0 Developer Beta 2
  • watchOS 5.0 Developer Beta 2
iOS 12 Instructions:
  1. Download the iOS 12 beta profile (scan) on your iOS device.
  2. Click "Install" in the top right.
  3. Agree to the terms/conditions.
  4. Once the profile is installed and your device reboots, to to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
The profile must remain installed in order for you to continue receiving iOS 12 beta updates.

Implications:
  • iOS 12 is only for 64-bit devices.
  • When updating to iOS 12, from iOS 11 or lower, any backups you make of your device via iTunes or iCloud will NOT be usable if you downgrade to iOS 11 or lower. 32-bit applications do not work on iOS 12 betas. You will receive an error stating that the developer needs to update the application for iOS 12.
watchOS 5 Instructions:
  1. Download the watchOS 5 beta profile (scan) to the iPhone paired to your Apple Watch
  2. Install the watchOS 5 beta profile
  3. Open the Watch app:
    1. My Watch -> General -> Software Update -> Download & Install Update
    2. Enter your passcode
    3. Agree to the terms/conditions
    4. Click Install
  4. Wait for the update to download and install
Implications:
  • Please remember that you cannot manually downgrade your Apple Watch from Watch OS 4 beta. You will need to send it into an Apple Service Center in order to get it downgraded. You can read up on how to do so here. You may also need to have the iOS 12 beta installed on your iPhone for the watchOS 5 beta to install properly.
If you have any questions regarding the information provided in this thread, please feel free to ask. I'll do my best to provide an accurate answer.

Last edited:
Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Any IPSW's or am I really gonna have to OTA?
You need to have your UDID registered to install it via the IPSW. That's why we're using the Configuration Profile. It will allow us to update via OTA without being registered.

Edit: just finished downloading, it's installing.

Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You need to have your UDID registered to install it via the IPSW. That's why we're using the Configuration Profile. It will allow us to update via OTA without being registered.

Edit: just finished downloading, it's installing.
I dislike OTA, that's why I was looking for a IPSW, but whatever. I'll OTA.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I dislike OTA, that's why I was looking for a IPSW, but whatever. I'll OTA.
Download was about 1.7GB for my 6s. It's been on "Verifying Update" for a few minutes, inb4itfails.

Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Download was about 1.7GB for my 6s. It's been on "Verifying Update" for a few minutes, inb4itfails.
I just started the download. I'll die if it fails, lol.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice, I registered anyway just in case there are problems later on down the line.

Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
How tf you installed before me :eek:. Mine just finished, think it's doing first boot.
I'm obviously cooler. Nah, you probably had a download cap since you live in a crappy place :tongue: It downloaded nearly instantly for me, and installed instantly.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Mine is installing now, lol.

Edit: it's done.
How tf you installed before me :eek:. Mine just finished, think it's doing first boot.
You guys will love it. As far as beta 1's go, it's nice and snappy and doesn't have battery life issues, from what I've seen anyway. Next thing on my list is WatchOS 3, then macOS Sierra.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm obviously cooler. Nah, you probably had a download cap since you live in a crappy place :tongue: It downloaded nearly instantly for me, and installed instantly.
Downloaded pretty fast, but was at Verifying for like 10 minutes ;-;.
You guys will love it. As far as beta 1's go, it's nice and snappy and doesn't have battery life issues, from what I've seen anyway. Next thing on my list is WatchOS 3, then macOS Sierra.
It's spooky man...spooky. iMessage is trippy af.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Downloaded pretty fast, but was at Verifying for like 10 minutes ;-;.

It's spooky man...spooky. iMessage is trippy af.
Right? Quick reply took me off guard as well. I'm still exploring stuff. Siri sounds so ****ing real it's borderline creepy.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Right? Quick reply took me off guard as well. I'm still exploring stuff. Siri sounds so ****ing real it's borderline creepy.
Lmao, I somehow got the iMessage keyboard stuck across all my screens, and anything I typed was sending to people ;-;

Crooks

Crooks

6‮
VIP
Retired
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll be pinning this for the time being, nice guide!

Android master race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register