Tutorial iOS 12 & watchOS 5 Betas without UDID Registration

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by Cakes, Jun 13, 2016 with 78 replies and 6,530 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pie

Pie hotdog Retired

Ratings:
    Well what's your error first? Pm me or make a separate thread in iOS support with all the detail you can give us. (What you installed when it started happening, anything else)

2. Tabuu

Tabuu VIP VIP

Ratings:
    That's not possible. If you restore the device in iTunes then restore from your backup, the version of iOS you're on isn't jailbroken; therefore, Cydia cannot be installed. You may be confusing restoring from backup and restoring the device to stock iOS. The reason you aren't able to update is because you are "technically" jailbroken. Once you jailbreak, certain packages block access to the update servers so it can't properly fetch updates. Make a backup of your device, restore to stock iOS (9.3.5), restore from the backup when prompted while setting up the device, install the beta certificate from this thread once the restore is complete, then check for the iOS 10 OTA update.

3. Zero

Zero Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Doesn't matter now, I've decided to stay on 9.3.3. Anyways, you're correct in that I was never restoring to a factory firmware, what I meant was that I restored two different backups last week that were made in May and July and both left Cydia installed on the device.

4. Tabuu

Tabuu VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Oh, well restoring from backup doesn't touch Cydia. It's not a normal application, think of it like a user installed system level application. Restoring from a back up doesn't touch it, just like how it doesn't touch other system applications (except to put some data in them like messages or contacts).

5. Dramskizz

Dramskizz Steam <3

Ratings:
    I clicked on the link provided for the download and it isn't downloading anything. I'm lost.

6. Tabuu

Tabuu VIP VIP

Ratings:
    You have to click the link in safari on an iOS 10 or watchOS 3 compatible device. Once you do, there'll be a app switch over to settings which will allow you to install the certificate. If you can't get it to work, it's no big deal, iOS 10 will be released to the public in about two weeks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Dramskizz

Dramskizz Steam <3

Ratings:
    Thank you for the quick response, question. If I update now, when iOS 10 comes out on the 13th, will I get an update for the final version? Thanks.

8. Tabuu

Tabuu VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Yup, it will come as an OTA update like the others. You may get a update a little bit before the official release date titled iOS 10 GM. That release is the exact same build as the official public release.

Edit: Just kidding, I just checked my software updates and the GM build has already been pushed out. If you install the certificate and update now, you'll get the release version of iOS 10.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  9. OP
    Cakes

Cakes !doge Administrator

Ratings:
    You can use this certificate to install the iOS 10.1 beta. I'm not home right now, so I can't update the OP yet. But ya, it works.

10. raymond07734

raymond07734 Newbie

Ratings:
    watchOS 3.1 successfully installed on my Apple Watch series 2. However, on my Apple Watch series 1, it said already have the update software 3.0. Interesting!?

11. OP
    Cakes

Ratings:
    OP has been updated with the new profiles.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    Cakes

Ratings:
    iOS 11.2.5 has been released. At this time, there are no new iOS 11 beta's. Speculation is that iOS 11.3 Beta 1 will either come later this week, or next week, "early February" was the identified release date.

13. OP
    Cakes

Ratings:
    Removed the configuration profiles for iOS 10 and watchOS 3.

Current betas as of today are:
    • iOS 11.3 Beta 3
    • watchOS 4.3 Beta 3
    The configuration profiles for these betas are available in the OP.

14. OP
    Cakes

Ratings:
    iOS 11.3 has been released, and iOS 11.4 Beta 1 has been released for developers.

Edit: 11.4 Beta 6 was released on 5/17.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  15. OP
    Cakes

Ratings:
    OP has been updated for the iOS 12 and watchOS 5 betas that were released after today's WWDC.

16. Jaykae

Jaykae Member

Ratings:
    Thanks for this. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    Cakes

Ratings:
    Wanted to drop a heads up that the iOS 12 beta runs pretty great on my iPhone X. I'd say that the iOS 12 betas are more stable than iOS 11.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jaykae

Jaykae Member

Ratings:
    Just to let everyone know, iOS 12 beta 3 is out now :biggrin: I have it downloading/installing right now.

EDIT: iOS 12 beta 4 is out right now! :wink:

EDIT2: Beta 5 is out now! :biggrin:

EDIT3: Beta 6 is out now! :wink:

EDIT4: Beta 7 is out right now! :biggrin:

EDIT5: Beta 7 was pulled hours after release :thumbsup: beta 8 is out right now! :wink:

EDIT6: beta 9 is out right now :biggrin: we must be close to an official release. :wink:

EDIT7: beta 10 is out right now! :biggrin:

EDIT8: Beta 11 is out right now :wink: I wonder if beta 12 will be the RC.

EDIT9: Beta 12 is out right now! Can't wait for the final release. :biggrin:

EDIT10: The "GM" is out right now :wink: shouldn't be too long for the final release. :biggrin:

EDIT11: The final release is out :wink: should be getting iOS 12.1 tomorrow. :biggrin:

EDIT12: iOS 12.1 beta is out right now. :wink:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  19. OP
    Cakes

Ratings:
    I'll update this when 13.2 Beta 1 comes out.

• Informative Informative x 1