Jailbreak Tutorial iOS 11.0-13.3 Jailbreak for all Devices

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Before doing this it's safe to make sure you go to storage and make sure you don't have any updates auto downloaded in there. If you do just delete it.

This is only for version iOS 11.0 through iOS 13.3 (THIS DOES NOT SUPPORT 13.3.1 for old or new devices)
Also, if you are are on devices that are A8-A11 note that ONLY the versions 13.0 through 13.3 are supported.

Download and install altstore (mac or windows)
Download latest iTunes and iCloud
Sign into iCloud with same apple id that you use
Plug in your device
Open AltStore on PC and in taskbar left click icon and hover over "Install AltStore" and select your device
Once you do above it will ask to sign into Apple ID
Open AltStore on Device (trust profile if you haven't, General>Profiles & Device Management)
Keep Device connected, navigate to https://unc0ver.dev/ on Safari via your device
Click download button current is v4.3.1
Click top right download button>tap ipa>top right>select "Copy to Altstore"
It will ask to sign in to Apple ID so do same and it will install unc0ver!

With altstore you can refresh the cert before it's up since this isn't an untethered jailbreak. All you have to do is make sure iCloud and AltServer are both running on computer then plug up your devices and hit "refresh all" in the AltStore app on your device. It should only take a couple seconds to refresh the cert.

Fixes for 4.3.1 unc0ver
  • Bumped version to 4.3.1 due to a github bug causing an older file to be temporarily available
  • Add support for rebooting the userspace for the first time in a jailbreak
  • Add support for injecting to the entire userspace
  • Add support for looking up or registering services from the sandbox with the cy: prefix for developers
  • Reboot the userspace after jailbreaking
  • Make major design changes to preserve stock system performance
  • Fix random reboots, freezes, memory issues and any known problem that affected system services or apps
  • Fix persistent software update blocker on iOS 13 (Works in the jailed state too)
  • Fix a design problem that affected the Succession restore tool
  • Automatically re-enable software updates when restoring RootFS

Operating System
  1. Windows
  2. Mac OS
  3. iOS
Last edited:
Cellulose

Cellulose

Composition C is my family
Reaction score
Sin$
Before doing this it's safe to make sure you go to storage and make sure you don't have any updates auto downloaded in there. If you do just delete it.

Download and install altstore (mac or windows)
Download latest iTunes and iCloud
Sign into iCloud with same apple id that you use
Plug in your device
Open AltStore on PC and in taskbar right click icon and hover over "Install AltStore" and select your device
Once you do above it will ask to sign into Apple ID
Open AltStore on Device (trust profile if you haven't, General>Profiles & Device Management)
Keep Device connected, navigate to https://unc0ver.dev/ on Safari
Click download button current is v4.0.0
It will ask to sign in to Apple ID so do same and it will install unc0ver!

With altstore you can refresh the cert before it's up since this isn't an untethered jailbreak

Known issues copied from JB reddit (will keep updated when fixed):

I am having trouble with this. Getting an error saying "Failed to verify code signature of..." with a string of text error code 0xe8008001 (An unknown error has occurred) I have ran the program as admin and also left iCloud open along with iTunes, yet still no luck. Any help?

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I am having trouble with this. Getting an error saying "Failed to verify code signature of..." with a string of text error code 0xe8008001 (An unknown error has occurred) I have ran the program as admin and also left iCloud open along with iTunes, yet still no luck. Any help?
Well you definitely never want to have iTunes open when jailbreaking, just installed.. Not sure if iCloud needs to be closed or not as well. I personally haven't seen that error yet

Edit: Actually did you try the latest version since it updated to 4.0.2? Also, which device and version?

Harry

Harry

Dope
Programmer Mythical Veteran Journalist
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Dini Dini I'm stuck at this bit

I click the button and it gives me a .zip file but I don't know what you mean 'tap ipa'

Damn I've just noticed this won't work on my iPhone 8 Plus!!!

Last edited:
Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Dini Dini I'm stuck at this bit

I click the button and it gives me a .zip file but I don't know what you mean 'tap ipa'

Damn I've just noticed this won't work on my iPhone 8 Plus!!!
Yep this is A12 and A13. Have you tried Checkra1n?

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Updated post because of 4.2.1 added and also because all devices are now supported (for 13.0-13.3). Remember just because it says 11.0-13.3 does not mean 13.3.1 is supported.

Cellulose

Cellulose

Composition C is my family
Reaction score
Sin$
Well you definitely never want to have iTunes open when jailbreaking, just installed.. Not sure if iCloud needs to be closed or not as well. I personally haven't seen that error yet

Edit: Actually did you try the latest version since it updated to 4.0.2? Also, which device and version?
I am on an iPhone 8 on iOS 13.3 I am using the latest version of AltStore and still getting the error Failed to verify code signature of.. (string of text) an unknown error has occurred.

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I am on an iPhone 8 on iOS 13.3 I am using the latest version of AltStore and still getting the error Failed to verify code signature of.. (string of text) an unknown error has occurred.
Did you try the latest version of unc0ver? It was updated the other day for your device and also again today it was updated like twice

Harry

Harry

Dope
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Did you try the latest version of unc0ver? It was updated the other day for your device and also again today it was updated like twice

So should this now work on my iPhone 8+?

Harry

Harry

Dope
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
As long as it's 13-13.3 (not lower and not 13.3.1)

I don't know how to get it to work, like when on the unc0ver website and I click download, it doesn't go in the top right like an iPhone X or something. I can't get passed this stage.

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know how to get it to work, like when on the unc0ver website and I click download, it doesn't go in the top right like an iPhone X or something. I can't get passed this stage.
It does go into your files though. Just open up files on your homescreen, tap it, bottom left, then copy to altstore.

Harry

Harry

Dope
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It does go into your files though. Just open up files on your homescreen, tap it, bottom left, then copy to altstore.

Ah, I'll have another go later. Thank you :smile: I will report back!

Top Bottom
Login
Register