• Thread starter duncanfogg
  • Start date
  • Views 47,140
D

Directshot999

Reaction score
Sin$
I just dropped in here to say thank you for making one of these :smile:

I've been looking for something like this to help me out, specifically to tell me if my weapon creations will work or not. This thing is a lifesaver... I made all sorts of weapons today from a 4,000 damage Rocket Launcher to a 506 x 5 damage Assault Rifle. Awesome work on it man, it's working great.

duncanfogg

duncanfogg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just dropped in here to say thank you for making one of these :smile:

I've been looking for something like this to help me out, specifically to tell me if my weapon creations will work or not. This thing is a lifesaver... I made all sorts of weapons today from a 4,000 damage Rocket Launcher to a 506 x 5 damage Assault Rifle. Awesome work on it man, it's working great.

I'm glad its helpful. The next *major* addition will, if all goes well, be a weapon card generator that will generate pictures of the guns (minus the different materials). However, don't expect that for a while.

chris213

chris213

Android™
Reaction score
Sin$
amazing, works really well.
if you do that picture thing thatd be even better :biggrin:

D

Directshot999

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm glad its helpful. The next *major* addition will, if all goes well, be a weapon card generator that will generate pictures of the guns (minus the different materials). However, don't expect that for a while.

It's definitely helpful. I'm a new modder on this game, especially when it comes to making weapons (all of mine would disappear <_< ) but this pretty much simplifies everything.

N

nn04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hey duncanfrog, i just noticed that there is no grenade launcher option on the calculator, any reason why?

duncanfogg

duncanfogg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hey duncanfrog, i just noticed that there is no grenade launcher option on the calculator, any reason why?

The program is built around the rules that the game uses to make guns. Nade launchers are a screwy, haphazard gun type that was never really "in" the game but not out of it either. They, and Eridians, dont' always follow the same part-selection rules so I didn't put them in.

Also, a new build is up. Basically, it's just bug fixes. I'm still working on weapon cards, those will be added in the next major build.

duncanfogg

duncanfogg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
New build now up. The big change is the addition of elemental impact DPS and a few other derived elemental stats. To enable them, you have to select the "tech calc" check box since it will take a few seconds to calculate. Also, I altered the text coloring convention so it makes intuitive sense.

duncanfogg

duncanfogg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, got a new build up. Next major build will have gun deconstruction enabled and Eridians added.

Weapon card generation is the big thing here; if you notice any alignment problems with the parts in the pics, let me know and I'll fix 'em. Costs are off by a tiny, tiny bit but that's because the game rounds a lot every step of the way. Oh yeah, the original unique guns are all supported now.

Here are all the changes:

• Added weapon card generation and ability to save card to local PNG
  • Added gear code import from clipboard
  • Added all unique guns from original game
  • Implemented accurate cost calculation
  • Added procs per second stat, ammo regeneration stat
  • Many, many bug fixes including sniper prefixes, shotgun titles, and others

w0lfschild

w0lfschild

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Need to allow ability to set spaces as None for things like making 6 clip sledges shotgun
Need to make it so Itemgrade and Weapon type are not linked because they aren't that way you can use different manufactures for guns

duncanfogg

duncanfogg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Need to allow ability to set spaces as None for things like making 6 clip sledges shotgun
Need to make it so Itemgrade and Weapon type are not linked because they aren't that way you can use different manufactures for guns

Well, those are "hacks" of the game system, not the way they were designed. It's meant to reflect what the gun generation system in the game was meant to be with some leniency--I let you create Shredder Shredders but I see no point in going any further for the purposes of this program.

P

projectomega

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Never mind, found the problem. my computer wouldn't allow me to save it -.- good program

N

nn04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, those are "hacks" of the game system, not the way they were designed. It's meant to reflect what the gun generation system in the game was meant to be with some leniency--I let you create Shredder Shredders but I see no point in going any further for the purposes of this program.

but it would be pretty damned cool to have a "modded gear calc"...

OwnedTom

OwnedTom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is an amazing script. Good job. Iirc you are using a free webhost, if you need more secure hosting, PM me

D

dhunt420

Reaction score
Sin$
Any gun that this program lets you calculate WILL be allowed in game, that is one of the main goals.

Let me just also add that it is really buggy right now.

so are you saying that even tho it will say the gun in not legit it will still work?

Top Bottom
Login
Register