Internet saying Limited Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gygk

gygk

PlayStation Gamer
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so I am getting annoyed all morning my computer internet has been showing up with the normal 5 bars (normally on 4 bars) then a little caution sign in it either saying Limited Access or No Internet Access.

Any help with this? I am using Windows 7: 32-bit

Every time it does that I have to troubleshoot it to get it to connect again which is getting annoying cause I never have had this problem happen to me before.

Any help will be great.

Extensive Overload

Extensive Overload

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
1. Check with your Router/Modem.
2. Make sure your computer is not infected with any Virus.
3. It could be that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) are doing maintenance checks, fixing lines or upgrading something (phone pole, lines, fiber optics etc..)

Nagato

Nagato

Se7enVeteran
Stickied Legendary Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so I am getting annoyed all morning my computer internet has been showing up with the normal 5 bars (normally on 4 bars) then a little caution sign in it either saying Limited Access or No Internet Access.

Every time it does that I have to troubleshoot it to get it to connect again which is getting annoying cause I never have had this problem happen to me before.

Any help will be great.
I get limited access and i disconnect and re-connect and it fixes my connection.
So try disconnect and reconnect.

gygk

gygk

PlayStation Gamer
Reaction score
Sin$
1. Check with your Router/Modem.
2. Make sure your computer is not infected with any Virus.
3. It could be that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) are doing maintenance checks, fixing lines or upgrading something (phone pole, lines, fiber optics etc..)
What program should I use to scan to see if there is a Virus? I use Avast! and Malwarebytes on my computer.

Chr0m3 x MoDz

Chr0m3 x MoDz

From the top to the fall, lessons through it all.
VIP
Sinner Services Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Reset your router and disconnect and reconnect from your computer. If that doesn't work reboot your pc.

gygk

gygk

PlayStation Gamer
Reaction score
Sin$
Reset your router and disconnect and reconnect from your computer. If that doesn't work reboot your pc.
I have rebooted my computer earlier this morning when I went to sleep and the problem is still happening but haven't reset router yet which I will in a bit.

V

Vioather

Reaction score
Sin$

Any help will be great.

Try logging into your router and changing the channel it's working on, I think they are usually set to channel 6 by default. If it's set to "mixed mode" definitely set the channel to a number. I would try 5 or 8 so your neighbors wifi doesn't clash with yours.

Depending on which router you have, load up any web browser and type in 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1 it will prompt you for username and password. Most routers by default are "username: admin"" password: password". some may vary, if this is not yours just Google it. If you are not connected by wifi when you attempt this you are going to have to connect straight into the router to laptop using an Ethernet cable aka CAT5 or use another computer that is connected to your network. Once you are connected look in your wireless settings. I can't really tell you anymore from here unless I knew what router you have because different routers have different options and dashboards.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register