• Views 242
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soul Syrtic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have comcast and the best netgear router, I use wireless internet for my xbox. I'm having trouble though because since my room is so far away from the router it barely gets connection and sometimes doesn't, worst of all is my brother is always on his computer when I'm playing. Is there a way to get another router connected to the modem and put upstairs in my room so I can have perfect internet connection without a really long ethernet cable going up the stairs and threw peoples rooms?

Thanks,
Soul Syrtic

modz4bud

modz4bud

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Not entirely sure you can hook up a router to a router, but i don't think you can. However, you can try something called a wireless hub. You connect the wireless hub to the router via a ethernet cable, and then you can put the hub wherever you like and it pretty much extends the range of your wireless network. They go anywhere from 30$+ so pick one you think you will get the most benefit out of.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
If you're using a router with the DD-WRT firmware, you can set it up as a repeater of sorts. It has an option of connecting to another wireless network and acting as a client for said network. I'm not sure if it will wirelessly repeat that, but I do know it will allow you to use it much like an external wireless card, the 4 LAN ports on the back will give you perfect connection. That way you don't have to route such a long cable.

S

Soul Syrtic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do wireless bridges work the same way? cause I think I found one that would work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register