• Start date
  • Views 402
Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
For those who don't know Intel had enabled hyperthreading on the Pentiums on Kabylake which essentially made it an i3 with no AVX support.

I had praised the hell out of the G4560 compared to the old Haswell G3258 (Garbage) because it could actually handle games well & it was actually making AMD's FM2+ platform worthless.

Now that Intel is killing their hyperhtreaded Pentiums their only low end options are i3's which are hard to recommend over even older AMD FM2+ platform & now with Ryzen 3 it makes Intel having no budget options for gamers at all.

Doing this just before Ryzen 3 release just seems stupid of Intel.

https://www.techpowerup.com/235035/...ng-core-i3-sales-company-effectively-kills-it

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Sin$
Just goes to show how greedy intel is. Instead of making the i3 worth the price, they stop making the CPU that was actually worth the price.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Just goes to show how greedy intel is. Instead of making the i3 worth the price, they stop making the CPU that was actually worth the price.

Its entirely because of Ryzen they have to figure out ways to maximize the revenue they are losing to Ryzen after already paying for their R&D cost.

Intel has been on the top of the markets for a decade and no longer had to worry about making products appealing, because they had the only products people could buy.

Now that AMD is competing Intel has to change their entire business model because they actually have competition. Ryzen release Intel even dropped i5/i7 CPU's over 50 dollars average day of Ryzen release.

Now they are prob gunna have to lower i3 prices soon if they cut down Pentium. But first they are going to sell as many i3's before Ryzen 3 actually released.

Watch the i3's to go down like $20-40 when Ryzen 3 releases

Again though AMD releases server chips re-purposed as desktop chips and sells them low price.

Ryzen's desktop SKU's are essentially no different than Intels HEDT sku's and Ryzen HEDT SKU's are competing with single socket Intel Server SKU's.

Ryzen even releasing a single socket 32core server sku for $2,200 and Intel makes 30 slides about it screaming AMD is gluing desktop chips together buy our overpriced garbage.

Top Bottom
Login
Register