What's new

Tutorial Installing/Upgrading Windows 10 - Updated for the April 2018 Update! - Support, Tips, Tricks & More!

Symphoniczz

Symphoniczz

PS4 Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
No, it's not the same. The command prompt method just forces Windows Update to keep trying to download the files. Using the Media Creation tool, it will download the Windows 10 install files and start the install when you're ready. Removing the need to wait for Windows Update to prompt you.

Not sure, It's a pretty lightweight application and just downloads the install. Maybe try re-downloading the tool?

As for the thread, just finished my clean install and everything is good :smile:. Activation remained; didn't even ask me for my key during install.
yep i got it. right now its making sure im ready to install

Jeeper

Jeeper

Jeeper of Rivia
Seasoned Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys I highly recommend windows 10! It runs so smooth and non of your files get deleted! xDDDDD DirectX12 is a gem.

Boar

Boar

'This Is The Way'
Mythical Veteran Stickied Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
fec4f41143196864f0b3f3618ae5ff73.jpg

Yay!

Loving it so far.
How did you get the cortona search bar like that? For some reason mine is just this icon
58M8C2l.png

EDIT: For some reason I can only have the icon? wtf
I6wX3wM.png

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
How did you get the cortona search bar like that? For some reason mine is just this icon
58M8C2l.png

EDIT: For some reason I can only have the icon? wtf
I6wX3wM.png
The bar is supposed to be the default. Did it just install it with the icon alone for you?

Edit: Are you using small taskbar icons?

W

whoisemezy

Reaction score
Sin$
I cant use the Windows 10 media tool because when i click upgrade your pc it says, Something Happened

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes. I'll try changing them to default to see if it makes a difference.

EDIT: Making the icons default size fixed the issue.
It looks like you don't have transparency enabled either. You can turn it back on for the taskbar and start menu via Personalization on the Settings App, under colors.
I cant use the Windows 10 media tool because when i click upgrade your pc it says, Something Happened
Make sure you have the right MTC for your architecture and that you're updated to the latest windows. Also make sure there are no programs blocking it's connection to the internet.

W

whoisemezy

Reaction score
Sin$
I have the media tool 64 bit because my computer is 64bit and im on windows 7 home premium and no programs are blocking it

Monkey D Luffy

Monkey D Luffy

King Of The Pirates
Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Well it installed on my aloenware x51 but then when it restarted my computer screen didn't even turn on , the light from the alienware didn't even turn on ... Idk what to do and im afraid everything i have might be gone

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the media tool 64 bit because my computer is 64bit and im on windows 7 home premium and no programs are blocking it
Check this directory: C:\$Windows.~WS\Sources\Panther\setupact.log and post the contents in a spoiler.

Well it installed on my aloenware x51 but then when it restarted my computer screen didn't even turn on , the light from the alienware didn't even turn on ... Idk what to do and im afraid everything i have might be gone
I'm not entirely sure. If you've already installed Windows 10 and it's giving you issues now, it's probably an issue with drivers. Try booting into Safe Mode and seeing if there are any failed updates, etc.

Monkey D Luffy

Monkey D Luffy

King Of The Pirates
Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Check this directory: C:\$Windows.~WS\Sources\Panther\setupact.log and post the contents in a spoiler.

I'm not entirely sure. If you've already installed Windows 10 and it's giving you issues now, it's probably an issue with drivers. Try booting into Safe Mode and seeing if there are any failed updates, etc.
Nothing pops up on the screen with the pc turns on so idk how to enter safe mode/:

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Nothing . The screen just stays normal and the pc sounds more quite then usuar
That sounds like it's a hardware issue and not something to do with Windows 10, can't say for sure. I'm not really good at diagnosing hardware issues, just software stuff :frown:

W

whoisemezy

Reaction score
Sin$
i made a install media on my usb thats why there is more stuff in the log

Top Bottom
Login
Register