What's new

Tutorial Installing/Upgrading Windows 10 - Updated for the April 2018 Update! - Support, Tips, Tricks & More!

Adamgm10

Adamgm10

The Kid
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been having trouble pre-loading, so I'm just gonna have to wait and download it like a pleb.
I have it installed, it's pretty nice and Xbox One streaming isn't too bad TBH, just looks kinda crappy.

v0ddBp0.png

D

Deleted member 726818

I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.
Reaction score
Sin$
One quick question, I'm on a 32 bit version of Win 7 Ultimate, will I be able to upgrade to a 64 bit version of WX Pro?

M

matty999

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
still waiting to upgrade to windows 10 any idea when its happening in the uk please

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
One quick question, I'm on a 32 bit version of Win 7 Ultimate, will I be able to upgrade to a 64 bit version of WX Pro?
In the past you've had to do a clean install to change from 32bit to 64bit.

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Does anyone have a explanation to why on my Windows 7 PC the get windows 10 app has never showed up? I'v tried the CMD fixes but when ever I run them as administrator it says i'm not running them as administrator

Boar

Boar

'This Is The Way'
Mythical Veteran Stickied Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Persistence

Persistence

Verified Seller
Verified
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks Cakes Cakes for the release I've made a .batch file that does all of the steps above for anyone who would like to simplify this method even more. I don't have a scan on it due to virus total having a size limit for what you can scan but I really wouldn't classify this as warez anyway. I hope everyone enjoys Windows 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
how do you do the xbox stream thing?
It seems that the Xbox App that comes with Windows 10 is not the same Xbox App that's installed on build 10240. I guess an update will come out later, or something for the Xbox App.

As for everyone else, I'm finally officially updated to Windows 10. Had some troubles with the upgrade, but it's all resolved now. Some of you who've updated in the past few hours may have issues activating Windows 10. You'll get a "Connect to the internet to activate" message inside of the Settings app. Don't worry about it, you can either spam the button until you connect to the activation server and get authorized, or wait until it connects itself later and activates. I would wait for the activation to come through BEFORE doing a clean install.

M

matty999

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It seems that the Xbox App that comes with Windows 10 is not the same Xbox App that's installed on build 10240. I guess an update will come out later, or something for the Xbox App.

As for everyone else, I'm finally officially updated to Windows 10. Had some troubles with the upgrade, but it's all resolved now. Some of you who've updated in the past few hours may have issues activating Windows 10. You'll get a "Connect to the internet to activate" message inside of the Settings app. Don't worry about it, you can either spam the button until you connect to the activation server and get authorized, or wait until it connects itself later and activates. I would wait for the activation to come through BEFORE doing a clean install.
i have figrued the streaming out it is slick, no lag or problems so far

Top Bottom
Login
Register