Solved Installing GTA V to HDD (JTAG)

• Thread starter ChrisDuffy20
  • Start date
  • Views 3,630
ChrisDuffy20

ChrisDuffy20

Reaction score
Sin$
I imagine this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it using the search tool. I'm not sure how to word it I guess.

So I just got my JTAG'd system a couple days ago, and I'm in the process of saving my games to it so I can leave them in their cases. I am trying to save GTAV, but I have no idea how to save a 2 disc game. I don't want to pirate a copy of it, and I'd much rather use my own discs.

How do I do that? Isn't there a way to use "Extract DVD" and save this?

X

XG_MODS

Reaction score
Sin$
You put in disk 1 all those files download automatically them put disk 2 got to FSD the extract files and save

Last edited by a moderator:
ChrisDuffy20

ChrisDuffy20

Reaction score
Sin$
So disc one is just a content disc that saves itself to the right place, on its own? I don't need to manually move files anywhere right?

Now, do figure out how to get my purchased games to show up in my library :smile: You don't by chance know to do that too eh?

ChrisDuffy20

ChrisDuffy20

Reaction score
Sin$
No need to apologize. Worst case, I borrow a legit copy and install it, then delete my XBL purchases. I generally use this console for N64 and SNES emulators anyways lol

boodaddy

boodaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Take the 545408A7 folder from inside "content/00000000000000" of Disc 1 , and copy it to your HDD. It will look like the below after copied.

HDD:\\content\0000000000000000\545408A7

(You don't need any other files/folders from Disk 1)

Disk2 is what you extract to the HDD using FreeStyle Dash to HDD://YourGames/GTA5

Play the game HDD://YourGames/GTA5/Deafult.xex

Last edited:
ChrisDuffy20

ChrisDuffy20

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks guys ! When installing my game, it doesn't get past 40% ... there's a small sunburst on the disc, and I had issues with it before. Looks like I'll have to download a copy after all. Ugh.

boodaddy

boodaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should have had two folders. One for disk one, and one for disk 2. Just follow my post for disk one, and copy disk 2 to your games folder, and play.

ChrisDuffy20

ChrisDuffy20

Reaction score
Sin$
I only had one folder in the ISO for Disk one. I hope that's normal lol. Folder was called 545408A7. FTP that over to the system?

boodaddy

boodaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea one folder for disk 1. You don't have a folder for disk 2? Copy 545408A7 from Disk 1 to HDD:\\content\0000000000000000\

Disk 2 you will copy to HDD://YourGames/GTA5

You will play the game using HDD://YourGames/GTA5/Deafult.xex

boodaddy

boodaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea lol. I used thumb drive, but ftp works good to, just make sure you don't get any errors after copying is complete. Filezilla rocks btw for ftp.

boodaddy

boodaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You copied everything from disk 2 to your games folder correct?

And only the 545408A7 folder from disk 1 to the HDD:\\content\0000000000000000\ folder

doing it by ftp can suck sometimes, and not copy files correctly. Do you have a usb thumb drive?

ChrisDuffy20

ChrisDuffy20

Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I don't know HOW I fudged this up, but I had the game itself (D2) in a "Games" folder ... but not the one it was supposed to be in, and I had the Content folder OUTSIDE of the 00000000000 folder. Placed them in their respetive homes, and it's loading.

Thank you to all those who assisted ... and a big shout out to boodaddy for all the help. I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register