• Thread starter JustMattyModding
  • Start date
  • Views 533
J

JustMattyModding

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I need a saviour before i go 100 percent crazy!!

Im trying to add Aurora 0.5b dashboard as it seems to have good ratings, i formatted my usb to fat32, but when i try drag the Aurora folder from pc to usb ,it says not enough room , i did some research and its because there is a 4gb limit . (my usb is 16gb)
EuCsqdK.png

I tried using horizon but wont let me drag the whole folder!

I tried installing freedash but was having issues with it saying kernel not supported.

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Your USB is not FAT32 formatted, it's Xbox 360 formatted.
Format it to FAT32 on your PC. (Right click the USB and select format)

J

JustMattyModding

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Your USB is not FAT32 formatted, it's Xbox 360 formatted.
Format it to FAT32 on your PC. (Right click the USB and select format)
Also now horzion dosnt show up the usb driver..
aeNKj2l.png

I tried this but it when i connect usb to xbox no menu !

(Thats why i formatted via xbox first time round because it worked for me when i i injected the C0DE99990F586558 file via horizon)
This is what did for NTFS:
-- 1. format Usb drive on your computer in NTSF format (make sure your profile isnt on it)
2. insert USB into Xbox, GO to settings>storage (DO NOT FORMAT) it will say unformatted.
3. click the xbox 360 Hard drive ( Not the USB DRIVE) click Y or press transfer data
4. Transfer the data to the unformatted USB DRIVE. IT will ask you to CONFIGURE drive (configure is different then format)
5. CLICK YES . After the USB is configured it will now be named Xbox Memory card (or similar) IT should be good to go 6. copy your profile to configured flash drive and move to the computer. 7. open horizon as ADMINISTRATOR (right click) & insert flash drive it should now work!
8rdFfNE.jpg

NDMGIdK.jpg

Last edited:
ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Also now horzion dosnt show up the usb driver..
aeNKj2l.png

I tried this but it when i connect usb to xbox no menu !

(Thats why i formatted via xbox first time round because it worked for me when i i injected the C0DE99990F586558 file via horizon)
This is what did for NTFS:
-- 1. format Usb drive on your computer in NTSF format (make sure your profile isnt on it)
2. insert USB into Xbox, GO to settings>storage (DO NOT FORMAT) it will say unformatted.
3. click the xbox 360 Hard drive ( Not the USB DRIVE) click Y or press transfer data
4. Transfer the data to the unformatted USB DRIVE. IT will ask you to CONFIGURE drive (configure is different then format)
5. CLICK YES . After the USB is configured it will now be named Xbox Memory card (or similar) IT should be good to go 6. copy your profile to configured flash drive and move to the computer. 7. open horizon as ADMINISTRATOR (right click) & insert flash drive it should now work!
8rdFfNE.jpg

NDMGIdK.jpg
Yeah, Horizon only picks up Xbox 360 formatted storage devices.
Why would you need horizon tho?

Just format it to FAT32 on your computer, transfer Aurora folder to there, plug the USB into your Xbox 360, and transfer the Aurora folder to there.
Simple.

Or even better, set up Xbox 360 Neighborhood and all this is even easier.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
have you re-formated the usb drive in windows?

after you get aurora on there i would update it to 6b.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
thats odd. so your trying to drag and drop aurora folder on flash drive and it says not enough space? shouldnt be using horizon anymore at all.
try another flash drive.

J

JustMattyModding

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
thats odd. so your trying to drag and drop aurora folder on flash drive and it says not enough space? shouldnt be using horizon anymore at all.
try another flash drive.
I tried a sandisk 8gb and 16gb still same issue lol

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
this makes no sense at all. on my pc i can move aurora back and forth on flashdrives all day long without issue. where did you get your copy of aurora

just checked aurroa 6b and it is 957mb. maybe go to realmodscene and get another copy of it directly from them if you havent already. may as well download it directly to your flash drive aswell

Last edited:
ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Is this really what you've done?
I really doubt it. If you enable hidden folders, you'll probably still see the Xbox 360 file system in there.
I mean, that's what's taking up the space.

htSMI-baRdCp235P37NxQA.png

DwJ___v0RMiiPRU76LlKiQ.png

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
you only needed the drive formated for xbox use one time for xex menu. now that xexmenu is on there you move files back and forth as if your xbox is another pc.

J

JustMattyModding

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is this really what you've done?
I really doubt it. If you enable hidden folders, you'll probably still see the Xbox 360 file system in there.
I mean, that's what's taking up the space.

htSMI-baRdCp235P37NxQA.png

DwJ___v0RMiiPRU76LlKiQ.png
thats what i been doing... why dos everyyoutube video say you have to format usb via xbox ?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
that is for xex menu only

now you are using xex menu itselft to copy past stuff so you no longer need it formated that way

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
thats what i been doing... why dos everyyoutube video say you have to format usb via xbox ?
You're sure you did this?
Just format it to FAT32 on your computer, transfer Aurora folder to there, plug the USB into your Xbox 360, and transfer the Aurora folder to there.
Simple.
↑ And transfer the Aurora folder on your console with XeXMenu in case I wasn't clear about that. ↑

You don't want to format your USB to Xbox 360 file system ever again. Like said above, that's used only the first ever time XeXMenu is installed to your console. After that, it's useless.

TheWeekendModder

TheWeekendModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This can be solved rather easily, and keep it so that you have free space that you can drag and drop to from your PC AND be still able to mount the drive in horizon.

-Use a PC to reformat the drive - the format doesn't really matter as we're just using this to start over.
-Rather than use the straight "format" option from the Xbox 360 storage menu choose the "Customize" option.
-Use the slider to set the "reserved space" to whatever you like. I generally only keep a few GB available to the Xbox 360 (game saves are small) and "reserve" the rest so it's available for me to store unpacked games or whatever.

This essentially splits the USB into partitions, the "reserved" bit is the space that will be available on your PC for storing like Aurora, FSD, unpacked ISO games, whatever. The other bit is standard Xbox 360 storage where profiles get stored, game saves, DLC map packs, etc.

Step 6 on this official Xbox support page describes the customize option I'm talking about:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/using-usb-flash-drive

J

JustMattyModding

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would like to thank everyone who has taken there time to help me!! TheWeekendModder TheWeekendModder ImOx ImOx
I managed to get things sorted in the end , i dint copy the xexmenu from usb to onboard MU hence why i was having issues!

I got aurora and freedash up and running dos anyone else recommend any other programs?
(Going to add xboxneighbour next .

I

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I would like to thank everyone who has taken there time to help me!! TheWeekendModder TheWeekendModder ImOx ImOx
I managed to get things sorted in the end , i dint copy the xexmenu from usb to onboard MU hence why i was having issues!

I got aurora and freedash up and running dos anyone else recommend any other programs?
(Going to add xboxneighbour next .

I
Maybe look at this playlist and choose some things you'd maybe be interested in
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn7ji3VsPy3G08cHNCHyT4Yj-WWYhw8D7

Top Bottom
Login
Register