Solved Installing a BenQ disk drive into a Jasper xbox

• Thread starter najd1103
  • Start date
  • Views 1,075
N

najd1103

Reaction score
Sin$
My latest xbox, a falcon, has recently died with the e74 error and after several attempts of fixing is still like this. However I have a Jasper xbox which is still functional, but the liteon drive is bricked and the keys cannot be extracted, so I was wondering whether I could put the benQ drive into the jasper console if I managed to extract the DVD key from the nand or where else? If this is possible what method/way would be the best way to go around doing this, and what tools or hardware would I need?
Thanks.
Note: I currently have a CK3 board which I believe could be used to flash the keys onto the benQ drive and my soldering skill should be adequate.

MLP Assassins

xRaW BiTcHsLaPZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
right you need to have another lite on drive to put in that jasper they have to be the same drive then your going to need to somehow(rgh jtag) rtreive your dvd key then flash that key to the new drive then walla u have a new drive in another xbox

Spec Over There

XDiffuseDsPEcX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So you are saying its absolutely necessary to use a lite on, meaning my benq is useless?
Yes, unless you don't plan on playing online or playing AP25 games like MW3, Skyrim and such. Spoofing is detectable and not recommended especially when it can flag you for a ban and if you insert a AP25 game whether it be original or burned it will Red Ring on you with one light blinking. The red ring isn't permanent its just that the Xbox won't do the AP25/XGD3 checks on a spoofed drive.

Liteons are usually unbrickable assuming you already have the DVD key or get it using RGH. Check this

N

najd1103

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, unless you don't plan on playing online or playing AP25 games like MW3, Skyrim and such. Spoofing is detectable and not recommended especially when it can flag you for a ban and if you insert a AP25 game whether it be original or burned it will Red Ring on you with one light blinking. The red ring isn't permanent its just that the Xbox won't do the AP25/XGD3 checks on a spoofed drive.

Liteons are usually unbrickable assuming you already have the DVD key or get it using RGH. Check this

I wish that was the case with my drive, but the board inside is completely fried with resistors blown off etc, and if I was to buy a replacement board, RGH the motherboard to get the DVD key, and then finally flash the drive with the key, the cost of the equipment to do this properly and safely would be high enough to make it viable to just buy a new xbox, unless you know a reasonably simple and cheap DIY method?
Thanks for the advice though!

Top Bottom
Login
Register