What's new

Solved Installation of this game isn't supported... GRRR!

• Thread starter Shadow Heir1
  • Start date
  • Views 1,354
S

Shadow Heir1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, I was console banned because I guess I played a bad rip of something, idk, I was careful about playing games before they came out, but this is beside the point. Point is, I was banned. It doesn't bother me all that much really, except the only game that I play offline really is Borderlands. It has long load times and my disk drive sounds like it's freakin out everytime I load up the game, so I had it installed to my hdd. After I was banned, I played Borderlands and my disk drive was running! I went to Dashboard and pressed "Play from HDD" and it said "This game can only be played on the console and hdd it was installed on" So I deleted it and tried to install again and it said "Installation of this game is not supported" WTF? I had it installed and working before... Help please...

TerminatioN

TerminatioN

Salty Retired
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Hard Drive installs are now disabled on the banned console. This means any disk-based games you have will no longer play off of the hard drive. If you attempt to play a game, it will tell you that it was installed on a different 360 and needs to be deleted/installed again. When you delete the game and attempt to install it, you are given a message telling you that it is not supported. There is no way to fix this, that functionality is simply gone from the banned 360.

Xbox-Scene News: More on LIVE Bans, HDD Crippling, Possible Ban Causes

S1R34L

S1R34L

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Shadow Heir1 said:
That sucks... Just another reason I'm looking at PS3... Sony's not completely retarded lol.
It's not Microsoft's fault you modded your drive..

Anyone that modded their drive knew what they were getting themselves into. It all comes back to you. Has nothing to do with MS.

S

Shadow Heir1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
It's not Microsoft's fault you modded your drive..

Anyone that modded their drive knew what they were getting themselves into. It all comes back to you. Has nothing to do with MS.

Yeah, I know it's my fault and only my fault. But I still hate Microsoft for being so money hungry... At least Sony doesn't charge $100 for wireless or $50 a year for online play... Makes me feel like I'm getting a better deal.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yet Sony's online service blows...

Did you see what happen when MW2 came out? Their MW2 server crashed... When you pay for something you get better quality from it than you would from a free service.

S

Shadow Heir1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Yet Sony's online service blows...

Did you see what happen when MW2 came out? Their MW2 server crashed... When you pay for something you get better quality from it than you would from a free service.

You have a point... But at this point for me all of the Xbox 360 exclusives are boring... I think it would be great to try some of the PS3 exclusives anyway... Okay, I'm getting off topic lol...

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
can you update a banned xbox if you have a hdd with an update. if so what i think is after you update as long as you dont try to go on live that stuff will work again. i just feel media center block is gay as hell.

187Modz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
supremecippy said:
can you update a banned xbox if you have a hdd with an update. if so what i think is after you update as long as you dont try to go on live that stuff will work again. i just feel media center block is gay as hell.

same

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
supremecippy said:
Possibility that it might work. But i doubt it. The settings are saved in the NAND. Whether or not the dashboard install with overwrite that or change it. Could be a posibility.

Top Bottom
Login
Register