Install Game to Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by EZYESS57, Feb 17, 2009 with 9 replies and 429 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EZYESS57

EZYESS57 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have been using this function with my flashed premium 360 and a 120GB HDD to help cut down on the laser use. I've had the 360 glitch a couple of time while using this function though. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and if it's useful in anyway?

The glitch is that the 360 doesn't display the option to Play From Harddrive. If you navigate to My Xbox, press Y at the Game Screen, you get the Install to Harddrive option. Only by navigating over a few windows to the Previous Games window are you able to go to the game description and then press Y to have it display Play from Harddrive.

The glitch has occured for me when playing The Incredible Hulk and Bully Scholarship Edition. I also notice it mostly when the game freezes and locks up my 360 and requires a reboot, (Both of the games are notorious for that), however it has happened after simply powering down or exiting to the dashboard and trying to start the game again.

2. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    Ive never had that problem and i have halo 3 , rockband 2 and guitar hero 3 on my HDD.

3. Eaton

Eaton Contributor

Ratings:
    I've only noticed that it takes a few seconds to detect that it is copied. It will say "Install to hard-drive" for a split second and then it will say "Play from hard-drive".

4. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    If you have an installed game, just click "Play Game" on the main dashboard screen. It'll automatically load it from the HDD. No need to look for the play from HDD option.

5. darkFX

darkFX Contributor

Ratings:
    After the update my 360 stays in an active download type mode for a few minutes after i turn off my sytem.It also does this when im not connected to the internet....Anybody else?

6. amagoo

amagoo Newbie

Ratings:
  7. darkFX

darkFX Contributor

Ratings:
    You go to Your games tab then select your gamee then install to hdd

8. pepsiflame

pepsiflame Enthusiast

Ratings:
    mine does the active thing for a few seconds, sometimes even minutes

9. helldemon

helldemon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    my 360 says that i need to put the disc in to play it when i installed it to the hdd

10. mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    that is to keep people from illegally copying games. You have to keep the disk in the disk tray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.