Injecting a file into a CON

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by TJF, Dec 10, 2008 with 10 replies and 423 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJF

TJF Enthusiast

Ratings:
    While this doesn't have to do with halo 3 modding, exactly, I thought this was the best place to ask this question:

I have a save game file that I extracted from a CON, and I don't know how to get it back into the con. It's not a sandbox, so those tools wouldn't work... What exactly would I use/have to do in order to get this file back into the CON so I can resign it? Thanks.

2. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    I dont think there are tools available ATM to do that, but you can do it by hand using a hex editor

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lost4468

Lost4468 Contributor

Ratings:
    [NOOB ]How would you do that?[/NOOB]

4. Eazy B

Eazy B Getting There

Ratings:
    just find the offsets it begins and ends, and write your bytes back into the con :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lost4468

Lost4468 Contributor

Ratings:
    Find whats at the start of gamesave.dat and the end then find end and copy/paste? But what if the the file size is diff?

6. OP
    TJF

TJF Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Oooh, I get what you mean.. I'll try to do that.. Probably fail, but it's worth a shot.

7. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    If you need any help, talk to me on AIM (haxalot88), and I can help you do it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Supermodder911

Supermodder911 Getting There

Ratings:
    That's not going to work with all packages.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Eazy B

Eazy B Getting There

Ratings:
    I dont think hes increasing sizes, just modding the file or restoring it to it's container. But yes, if it gets bigger things become more difficult :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    TJF

TJF Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well, the point of this sort of mod(for fallout 3) was to see if I could change little bits of information. I found it inside of the save game file(no extension) inside of the CON, titled as the save would be.

So far, I have figured out(Thanks to all of you :smile: ) how to manually inject it back into the CON, but my small modification didn't work. (First the title you get, then the name.. neither worked but didn't corrupt the file.) I did get a corrupt when I modified the name of the CON though... Anyways, I've gotten my answer. Thanks for the help.

11. Eazy B

Eazy B Getting There

Ratings:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.