Bungie shed some light today on the inclusion of raids in the final game and what we should expect from playing.
I'll place everything in bullet form to keep it clear and concise.
- For starters, raids can be a party of up to 6 players. Not sure if this 6 player limit will carry over to the story mode in the full game or not.
- There will be no match making. Bungie stated that they didn't want this to be played with a group of random strangers as communication will be key they said.
- They stated that each one could last longer hours so you should play when you won't be distracted and have some time.
- Will likely include puzzles and such that the team will have to work together to accomplish. This sounds like they could include platforming and what not inside these raids.
- There are no waypoints and nothing will tell you where to go on the minimap.
“Unlike a bunch of the other activities in Destiny, where you begin the activity – like let's say you pick the level-22 Strike playlist – everything in that activity is going to be level 22. It's going to be consistent. If you're level 26, you're going to have some relationship to it. You're going to be more powerful than that activity. In a raid, when the raid begins at level 25, it's not where it ends." This could mean that the level cap is not 20 but something higher, 30 possibly?
- They said the raids are extremely hard and likely something you won't get through on your first attempt.
- The bosses, like the strike missions, will be hard but will also have special abilities.
You guys can read the full article here: