What's new

Discussion INFO on how Microsoft bans and What they can log when you host lobby?

• Thread starter brokentwice
  • Start date
  • Views 1,508
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brokentwice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im not trying to start anything up here.. but was up late and Reading when I found this ..

http://www.scribd.com/doc/27394899/Microsoft-Spy

Scroll to the bottom the part that deals with "Xbox live"

notice what info they log ?

the game... the ip... the console ids and so on ..

Read this cause I think this might be some insight into what is logged from the box..

also Does this mean that they could in theory come after people that are hosting lobbys?

I mean after all you are making money off of there product without permission and you are also tampering with there service by going online..

Im just saying this is something to think about ..

This document was leaked online and the site was sued from what I read to take it down.

wikileaks and something else dont have the name off hand at the moment .. its late..

let me know what you guys think..

UPDATED:

This is a direct link to the PDF

http://file.wikileaks.org/file/microsoft-spy.pdf

Coffee

Coffee

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
What the hell are you even talking about? People get banned for hosting lobbies because when they sign online with a JTAG, an automated system flags them.

B3njee567

B3njee567

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hes is trying to give us some insight into how microsoft detect a jtag in the hope that some clever person can navigate the system

B

brokentwice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Listen i didn't post this for any other reason then it's something I have never seen before and thought it was interesting.

We all know how the systems get flagged. But I can def say that I didn't know all the info that is logged when you host a modded lobby.

Just something good to know I guess and look into that's all. Sorry if that upset you. But honestly too bad.

We are here to read and share not to hate at first chance we get.

I

ihally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The image showing activity log on gamertag, when hosting a lobby wouldnt it show in the 'Title Name' section XeXMenu whenever you loaded it up? :/

Coffee

Coffee

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The image showing activity log on gamertag, when hosting a lobby wouldnt it show in the 'Title Name' section XeXMenu whenever you loaded it up? :/
Yes, but even if you stay at the dashboard all day and don't go into XeXMenu you will still be banned.

CPT Smiffy

CPT Smiffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well i think there's some sort of hardware detection that every retail xbox will pass, but every modified xbox will fail. something that gets noticed after 6 hours of no detection and then automatically flagged.

that's my opinion. or it could be something to do with the homebrew itself...

Data

Data

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
They have security in the xbox and the hacked kernel sets it off and that is what gets your console flagged and in order to stop it you must get rid of every check on the xbox which is hard to do and so far I believe Jester is the only one to have done it.

N

Nuk3dd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They have security in the xbox and the hacked kernel sets it off and that is what gets your console flagged and in order to stop it you must get rid of every check on the xbox which is hard to do and so far I believe Jester is the only one to have done it.
This. It's by the kernel version they know. Try finding the part of your board that controls your ping. And put a ball of hot glue on it or something. /sarcasm

S

SiiR Clutch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you go onto xbox live with a modified NAND at all it will flag your box and you will eventually get banned.

neildee250

neildee250

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This may be a little off topic, but has jester ever given the reason why he has never shared the information he has to prevent or slow down console bans?

I just wondered if it was a status thing or if there was another reason? Please PM me if you have a definitive answer, so as not to tie up this post. Thanks

B) <Jester :huh: < Me hehe

bubushkinator

bubushkinator

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well i think there's some sort of hardware detection that every retail xbox will pass, but every modified xbox will fail. something that gets noticed after 6 hours of no detection and then automatically flagged.

that's my opinion. or it could be something to do with the homebrew itself...
They detect the rebooter immediately.

Jingles

Jingles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This may be a little off topic, but has jester ever given the reason why he has never shared the information he has to prevent or slow down console bans?

I just wondered if it was a status thing or if there was another reason? Please PM me if you have a definitive answer, so as not to tie up this post. Thanks

B) <Jester :huh: < Me hehe
He has given information about it. If he gave a whole tutorial on how to do it xbox live would be ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register