What's new

Discussion Info On Activate ISO. (To clear confusion)

• Thread starter SiK GambleR
  • Start date
  • Views 797
Status
Not open for further replies.
SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Is anybody well informed about Activate.iso? If so, I have some questions.

1. I have read that it allows you to play unstealthed games, etc, but how exactly does it do this? I have read multiple things.

2. Is Activate.iso stored in your played games log? This is a yes or no. Is no, is there proof?

3. Do YOU think this can get people banned?

4. I can't flash my box and I don't have the money to ship it out, do you think it's worth it?

5. I want all these questions answered to clear up confusion because I have seen alot of OMGWTF threads posted, and I would like to also know these answers.

C

CodModzZ4u

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Re: Is anybody well informed about Activate.iso?

1. It disables checks in the firmware that wouldn't allow you to boot wave 4.
2. It's not a game so no it's not stored.
3. No I don't think it can get you banned and c4eva stated you can not get banned from it. But the games you play as a result of the disabled security can get you banned.
4.Yes it's definitely worth it to flash, provided you don't get banned. If I were you I would wait to flash until the new firmware comes out.

FAQ:
What exactly is Wave 4?
In my opinion I would not call what is going on right now "Wave 4", Its sort of like Wave 3.1. Cars Race o Rama, Lips, Tekken 6, Bakugan Battle Brawlers seem to be the first Xbox 360 games with the 'Wave 4'. Basically, Wave 4 is Wave 3 with the new 8498 NXE update. Since iXtreme v1.6 checks the video partition CRC (for security) to only boot Wave1/2/3, it will not be able to boot the new Wave4 discs although firmware 1.51 will.

What are the solutions?
1.Downgrade your firmware to iXtreme 1.51
2.Use this activate.iso/0800 method to boot your discs

What is activate.iso?
Activate.iso is designed to enable One-shot boot mode for the iXtreme 1.6 firmware. One-shot boot mode allows you to boot your unstealthed, modified or "Hybrid" backups without any strict stealth checks. This method is also called 0800.

F.A.Q.'s?
What games are Wave 4?
Cars Race-O-Rama, Lips number 1 Hits, Tekken 6, Bakugan Battle Brawlers are the only Wave 4 games ATM.

Do you have to put the activate.iso disc in everytime before inserting the Wave 4 game?
As of right now yes this is the only possible way.

Will another firmware come out so you dont even have to use this process?
Probably in the future but we dont know when.

Why is it stuck at 99% finalizing?
Note: If you get stuck at 99% during finalization, it is normal. Your burner is burning data onto every single empty sector of your DVD+R DL disc. It will take the same amount of time as burning a 7.29GB image.

username22

username22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

do not use it, dont play wave4 games
wait for iX 1.7
1.61 is the same as you would use activate iso = ban

T

Thilo

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$

Don't flash your Xbox, play it safe for the time being.

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

combatburt said:
1. It disables checks in the firmware that wouldn't allow you to boot wave 4.
2. It's not a game so no it's not stored.
3. No I don't think it can get you banned and c4eva stated you can not get banned from it. But the games you play as a result of the disabled security can get you banned.
4.Yes it's definitely worth it to flash, provided you don't get banned. If I were you I would wait to flash until the new firmware comes out.

FAQ:

Thilo said:
Don't flash your Xbox, play it safe for the time being.

Thank you. Now a follow up question. If I use a good rip that passes verification can I still get banned for playing it on a wave3 firm? or its safe?

I'll wait for 1.7, btw.

username22

username22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ive never been banned before, 2 consoles
never do stuff thats not ordinary, activate iso isnt ordinary, u skip checks in ur iso just to be able to play a game -> no go
some common sence needed in all this
play rips that has been made by release groups
dont play region free rips, if ur on pal play pal

K

KranK

Reaction score
Sin$
activate.iso makes the dvd drive boot into in single boot mode I believe, this mode makes it read any game thats unstealthed.

username22

username22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
BTW
RROD release of MW2 - this original game that rrod released is from the game that comes with the spetial edition mw2 360, with the 250 gig drive in it
now think about it, i dont know if this mw2 console is beeing sold already, imagine they make 10k of these consoles, 30k people with flashed drives are plaing this release ?!?!
is this mw2 game the same as the standalone game beeing sold?
think about it

im not trying to be a smartass on all this, i posted released games in here with description what they do and where they are from, a mod deleted it, i might have saved somenones ban

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

SiK GambleR said:
Thank you. Now a follow up question. If I use a good rip that passes verification can I still get banned for playing it on a wave3 firm? or its safe?

I'll wait for 1.7, btw.
No. The only reason 1.6 rejects Wave 4 is because it sees it as a stealth flaw. It cannot identify that 4th wave so it rejects it from booting.

A stealthed verified wave 4 game will not flag you or anything if using 1.6. All the activate.iso is doing is telling the firmware not to check the next disc. So if your game is stealthed and verified. Then you are fine playing it.

Now what would get you banned. Would be converting a Wave 4 to Wave 3. That is a one way ticket to getting banned.

C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't understand why there is a sticky thread with the first post being questions...

G

-Ghost-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well when is 1.7 coming out? i'd like to get mine flashed soon

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Carson said:
I don't understand why there is a sticky thread with the first post being questions...

I did this purposely. But apparently you think I'm ****ing stupid and don't know how to do my job.

I purposely made a post of questions, let's say some1 is lost, they look at it, the post right under it BLAM answers.

C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
How many people actually sift through all the posts though? People want answers, and I'd say most would like it spelled out in the first post.

I don't think you're stupid, I just think you shouldn't make dumb threads like this.

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Then fix my **** instead of blatantly telling me to gtfo and being stupid.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I wouldn't count on it anytime soon. First c4eva is doing banning test. Right now there is no eta on 1.61 for lite-ons. So 1.7 is far far away if there is going to be one.

username22

username22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
New DVD FW in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch)
>> C4Eva announced he's working on a new firmware on IRC:
"[c4eva] new fw in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch) - more efficient , minimal patching , all aspects of fw indistinguisable from orig, no more bans, No ETA!"

--------------------------

Call_of_Duty_Modern_Warfare_2-XBOX360-DAGGER
this one can be played safe on LIVE

B

blastman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
I wouldn't count on it anytime soon. First c4eva is doing banning test. Right now there is no eta on 1.61 for lite-ons. So 1.7 is far far away if there is going to be one.

I very much doubt that 1.61 for lite-ons will ever be released.

All firmware is now detectable (well it's not, but a hash check tells Ms that it's not the shipped firmware which amounts to the same thing) so I'll be not playing online till 1.7 is released.

I suggest you do the same.

hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register