What's new

Discussion Infinity Ward say ‘no comment’ to rumors of Battle Royale mode being in Modern Warfare

• Thread starter Harry
  • Start date
  • Views 927
Harry

Harry

Dope
Programmer Mythical Veteran Journalist
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
A new rumor has popped up on the internet this past week of a possible addition of a Battle Royale mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

The rumor comes from YouTuber TheGamingRevolution who claims to know a person that has the information on what Infinity Ward is working on for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and claims that there is in fact a Battle Royale mode in development for the new title this year.

The video post to his channel, viewable here, states that a “source” tells him the Battle Royale mode is currently in development with 152 players and a map that is 3x the size of Black Ops 4’s Blackout. He also states that Infinity Ward is reportedly targeting 200 players for the mode.

We want to caution right out that this information is not confirmed by any means from anyone at Activision or Infinity Ward. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has been announced to include Campaign, Multiplayer, and Co-Op mode only. Back in May, when we were at Infinity Ward, the studio declined to comment on the addition of such mode in this game.

In addition, information that CharlieINTEL last heard was that there was no Battle Royale mode in active development for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. TheGamingRevolution’s source claims that the mode was sent into development recently to be in the game.

A fan asked Infinity Ward’s Art Director, Joel Emslie, about this rumor and he replied with a GIF that says ‘No Comment.

Source.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I wouldn't be surprised if they do a battle royale. It would be cool to see a map full of Modern Warfare maps.

Swerve

Swerve

❤ Baddest Biatch On 7S ❤
Greeter Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This wouldn't be such a surprise since it looks like the direction Call Of Duty is going to be heading in in terms of multiplayer.

Keeley Hazell

Keeley Hazell

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
5th Anniversary Mythical Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
One reason I will not be buying this game. I don't understand why they're messing with a perfectly good trilogy. Just come up with new ideas IW. My main problem with Call of Duty now is the supply drops and the fact they come out every year. What's the point of playing if another just comes out 11-12 months later?

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
If it brings new players and/or more players, it's fine with me.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
One reason I will not be buying this game. I don't understand why they're messing with a perfectly good trilogy. Just come up with new ideas IW. My main problem with Call of Duty now is the supply drops and the fact they come out every year. What's the point of playing if another just comes out 11-12 months later?
Because our generation (CoD4,MW2, BO1, etc.) doesnt hold the purchasing power anymore, we used to be teenagers who would go out of our way to buy the game, now we're smarter with our money. Activision knows this, hell any business should know this, and thus they target the current generation of consumers with purchasing power.

Harry

Harry

Dope
Programmer Mythical Veteran Journalist
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Because our generation (CoD4,MW2, BO1, etc.) doesnt hold the purchasing power anymore, we used to be teenagers who would go out of our way to buy the game, now we're smarter with our money. Activision knows this, hell any business should know this, and thus they target the current generation of consumers with purchasing power.

This new generation doesn't know the value of money and they know this, easy pickings when you target this audience.

Nagato

Nagato

Se7enVeteran
Stickied Legendary Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Based on what TGR and Brad (data minor), I am very inclined to believe BR will release sometime after launch.

Top Bottom
Login
Register