Infectus/Linux Dumps

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Brown Wigga, Nov 25, 2008 with 4 replies and 517 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Wigga

Brown Wigga Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Does the infectus directly dump the 1BL from within the nand or does it only dump the nand? And if it does dump the 1BL seperatly is it the same as a linux dump?

2. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Infectus dumps the NAND only, you would have to downgrade to extract the CPU key and 1BL.bin files with the KK exploit.

3. OP
    Brown Wigga

Brown Wigga Enthusiast

Ratings:
    OK thanks. A few more things, does the infectus 2 flash the drive or do i have to manually flash it without it. And also does the KK exploit support all dvd-drives?

-Thank You-

4. nickcas

nickcas Member

Ratings:

Infectus and dvd firmware hacks have nothing to do with eachother. So yeah the KK exploit supports all dvd-drives. It doesn't however support all Xboxes. Make sure you have an xbox manufactured before a certain date in 2006.

To answer your first question, no you have to manually flash your dvd drive.

5. OP
    Brown Wigga

Brown Wigga Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I know that i need kernal 4532. I though that infectus was a multi tasky type mod chip so i didnt know if it flashed it too or some how allowed it to play backups, thought id ask anyway. Ok i thought i read somewhere that the KK exploit didn't work for a certain sammy drive nevermind that then. Thanks to however moved this :biggrin:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.