What's new

Unsolved Increase FPS when I record with fraps?

• Thread starter GPhone
  • Start date
  • Views 1,969
G

GPhone

Getting There
Reaction score
Normally I get around 100-150 FPS and when I record with fraps I get around 10-15 ;-; Is there anyway I can increase my FPS when I record? (Besides buying a new computer?)

Thanks,
GPhone

W

Wub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure every other program on your computer is closed and you end all processes that are just taking up memory that you don't need open. Also make sure you are obviously playing in windowed-mode and have all the settings to the lowest possible...

But yeah... really? Just get a new computer.

Z

ZombieKilla96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Record the videos to an external hard drive. I get 60-80 FPS not recording, 15-25 FPS when recording, then 40-50 FPS when using an external harddrive (all on my Mac). This works really well because instead of reading and writing the built in harddrive, it reads from the internal harddrive, and then just automatically writes to the external one. It prevents the slowing down of the bus, and usually doesn't take a lot of RAM to accomplish (above measurements with only 4gb RAM)

Z

Zakb009

Uni pride yo!
Retired
Reaction score
Fraps can limit the framerate. Make sure that it is set to 30 fps or above I guess.
Also, Minecraft 1.0.1 is laggy for everyone at the moment, so it might not be your PC too much.

N

Nuclear Taco

I Leik Minecraft
Reaction score
Fraps can limit the framerate. Make sure that it is set to 30 fps or above I guess.
Also, Minecraft 1.0.1 is laggy for everyone at the moment, so it might not be your PC too much.
Not as laggy as 1.8 was :biggrin:

Top Bottom