In need of SPG help.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Twis7eD, Nov 24, 2008 with 13 replies and 675 views.

1. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    I have the spg account that i downloaded to my hardrive from xplorer360 and whenever i put my hardrive back on my 360 the profile wont show up. Any help would be appreciated.

2. LFCGirl

LFCGirl Contributor

Ratings:
    Can't SPG with new NXE.

3. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    ive heard from people that you can and there is a video on youtube of someone doing it.

4. LFCGirl

LFCGirl Contributor

Ratings:
    Get a different Xplorer360 version then.

5. MunneY

MunneY Enthusiast

Ratings:
    transfer kit FTW... yay!

6. LFCGirl

LFCGirl Contributor

Ratings:
    I know i never has problems with it

Do you have a 60gb HDD?

7. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    no and im not that formalier with xplorer360 because i have never done something like this before i am just barrowing this from my friend that doesnt use it that often.

8. LFCGirl

LFCGirl Contributor

Ratings:
    How to install it correctly if you have not yet done so.

Beware of spoiler.. Its really really long lol

Not by me, from another forum

Gamesaving on the Xbox 360
    Made By: David M. Baker
    Revised By: ll FuZ3 ll
    Posted by: Sneaky

Things needed:
    -Xbox 360 Memory Card + Xchange 360
    -Xplorer 360 (Found Here: [Click here to view the link])
    -Xbox 360 Console
    -Gamesave

Setting Up Your Memory Card and XChange 360:

Make sure you don't install the disc that came with Xchange 360!!

First you need to install the drivers on your computer. Start by plugging your memory card into the adapter and then into your computer.

[​IMG]

Click cancel when it asks you to install the new hardware.

Right click on 'My Computer' and select properties. Now click on the 'Hardware' tab. You should see the following screen:

[​IMG]

Now select 'Device Manager', scroll down to 'Other devices' and click on the + symbol beside it:

[​IMG]

Right click on 'Memory Unit' and select 'Update Driver...'. If asked whether you want to connect to Windows Update select 'No, not this time' and then click 'Next'. On the next screen select 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)':

[​IMG]

On the next screen select 'Don't search I will choose the driver to install.' This should launch the hardware update wizard. Scroll down to 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' which appears near the bottom of the list:

[​IMG]

On the next screen check that 'USB Mass Storage Device' is highlighted and select 'Next'. If a 'Update Driver Warning' appears select 'Yes':

[​IMG]

Windows will now install the driver. Once this is complete the new hardware wizard will appear again. Click cancel when it does. If you now scroll back up to 'Other devices' you will notice that 'Memory Unit' has been removed and 'MSFT Memory Unit USB Device' has appeared in it's place:

[​IMG]

Now similar to before right click on 'MSFT Memory Unit USB Device'. If asked whether you want to use Windows Update again select 'No, not this time' then on the next screen select 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced). Then after clicking 'Next' select 'Don't search. I will choose the driver to install.' You should now be back at the 'Hardware Update Wizard'. Near the top of the list should be the hardware type 'Disk drives', select this option and click 'Next':

[​IMG]

Check '(Standard Disk Drives)' is highlighted under manufacturer and 'Disc Drive' under model and then click 'Next'. If you get the 'Update Driver Warning' select 'yes':

[​IMG]

You can then click finish and close 'Device Manager'. Your memory card reader is now installed.

Transfering Gamesaves to Your Memory Card:

First plug in your transfer kit and memory card

Then open up Xplorer360

[​IMG]

Then select 'Drive', 'Open' and then 'Harddrive or Memcard...'

[​IMG]

Then this will show up:

[​IMG]

Then your profile is located in the Partition 1. Press the + sign to expand it.

[​IMG]

Then expand the 'Content' folder by pressing the + button

[​IMG]

Now open up the folder where you have downloaded the save to or where the save is stored. If the save is stored in a '.RAR' file extract it out of the archive including any directory structure. Check that the save is of the form, 'Game I.D.', 'Folder' (usually 00000001) and then the save. If it is not in this for check this list of Game I.D.s (Located [Click here to view the link]) and create a folder with the name of the required Game I.D.

*Note* The save will not work unless it is stored on the memory card in this format!

Back in Xplorer360 right click on the 'Profile I.D.' and selected 'Insert Folder...'. Browse through to the 'Game I.D.' folder that you wish to insert and click 'OK'. Xplorer360 will now inject the folder structure and the save(s) under your 'Profile I.D.'

[​IMG]

Now remove the 'Memory Card' and insert it in to your console. Put in the game, select memory device and you should be able to load the save you just added.

Other Information:

Some NTSC saves will work on PAL consoles and vice versa. Try the save in any case you might be surprised.

Most arcade games don't have separate save files. Of those that do Zuma and Bejewelled 2's save are locked to a console. Only Outpost Kaloki X's work on other machines.

Some of the main games also have locked saves. These include Perfect Dark: Zero and Dead or Alive.

Some but not all games allow you to get achievements from save games. These include Project Gotham Racing and Kameo.

Deleting the Xchange 360 Software + Drivers:

Just in case you accidentily installed the software that came with your Xchange 360 then read on.

Go to my computer and bring up the search window (or press Ctrl+F whilst on C drive - this will bring up a search bar on the left of your present window).

On this window select 'All files and folders' and then select 'A word or phrase in the file'. Type 'X360 MU USBIO - Device 1' into the box and then click search.

This should find one of two .inf files. (It should be located in the C:\Windows\inf directory.) This folder should be of the file name structure 'oemxx.inf', where xx is a number. (Make a note of this number.)

Right click on the file found by the search and select 'Open containing folder'. This should take you to the files position.

Now click the consecitive file in the chain it shoudl open in notepad. (If it doesn't right click and select 'Open with' then choose notepad.) Check that somewhere in this file it mentions Datel and Xbox.

Now you want to delete 4 files. These are the .inf file that you found by searching. Its corresponding .PNF file and the consecutive .inf & .PNF files (the .inf you opened in notepad and found Datel and Xbox in and its corresponding .PNF file.). For Mobian the files numbers were 44 and 45, so the filenames were "oem44.inf", "oem45.inf", "oem44.PNF", and "oem45.PNF".

Thank you for reading. Hope you have fun gamesaving!

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    thank you so much that cleared up a lot of things. But i have one question left. In the tutorial i was reading it told me to go to partition 3 but in the tutorial above i think it told me to go to one. So im not sure which one is right.

10. LFCGirl

LFCGirl Contributor

Ratings:
    Thats because this is for a Transfer Kit (memory card)

I think this might be what you are looking for.. Not sure though

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/game-rips-and-saves/43188-game-saving-xbox-360-via-xsata.html

11. OP
    Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    i give up for now unless someone specifically knows what my problem is because i cant seem to figure out what it is. If anyone wants to do team viewer and know what they are doing in xplorer360 then post here. Thanks anyway afterlife.

12. TehKitteh

TehKitteh Getting There

Ratings:
    Isn't M$ cracking down on gamesaves? One site is in constant fear after several members got taken down...:cursing:

13. enoop

enoop Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Most likely someone resigned your account has some others have but
    I can confirm that you can still mod, game save and spg.

14. o CLiFF x

o CLiFF x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Gamesaving is bad. If you do it you'll get banned right away. (well maybe not right away) but MS is indeed crackign down. Be careful, I haven't gamesaved in a long time because of it.