What's new

Solved Impossible to get any mods working

N

n7legend

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

I'm trying to mod my Gta Iv iso i'm using currently with a xk3y.
I tried to install Console Trainer 2.1 (Wich worked 1 year ago), but impossible to display the menu i tried every combination (including Lstick + Rstick), I also tried to install Major's distribution v13 but same, no framerate counter, impossible to get to the mod menu...

Everytime i get a new fresh iso, replace script, script_network, and xbox360.rp with xbox backup creator, I clear the system cache, launch the game but still, nothing happens. I made some research on google but i can't find an answer, i'm pretty sure it's because of something stupid but i don't know what...

illuminati666

illuminati666

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

I'm trying to mod my Gta Iv iso i'm using currently with a xk3y.
I tried to install Console Trainer 2.1 (Wich worked 1 year ago), but impossible to display the menu i tried every combination (including Lstick + Rstick), I also tried to install Major's distribution v13 but same, no framerate counter, impossible to get to the mod menu...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
N

n7legend

Reaction score
Sin$
Hmmm thanks but i will certainly not buy a PS3 just for Gta Iv modding, and this forum is for xbox player also so i guess i can ask help even if i'm not on PS3

Upvote 0
MrTibbz

MrTibbz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmmm thanks but i will certainly not buy a PS3 just for Gta Iv modding, and this forum is for xbox player also so i guess i can ask help even if i'm not on PS3
have you tried just replacing the script.img and script_network.img

Upvote 0
ChrisTheGr8est

ChrisTheGr8est

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What MrTibbz said for now try a clean iso, should always have a backup copy of the iso, and just replace the script.img and script_network.img. have a fresh savegame on hand. and you should be good.

Upvote 0
N

n7legend

Reaction score
Sin$
I tried just replacing script and script_network but still the same problem, impossible to have the mod menu

Upvote 0
N

n7legend

Reaction score
Sin$
No one can help ? I forgot to say that during the replacement of script and script_network i turn off my antivirus just in case

Edit: Also tried XMC V6 didn't work either....

Edit2: Maybe it's a problem with my iso ? Abgx told me that he can't verify game data don't know why

Edit3: Tried with a different clean iso, still don't work

Last edited:
Upvote 0
777KEV1N777

777KEV1N777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't need an iso for a xkey, just replace the files by hooking it up to ur pc. Theres more steps but its been so long, and its probobly changed. Follow a tut on yt. If that dont work then im not sure. Oh and i dont think alot of menus/modloaders work in story mode. Make a unmodded save game at the first safe house it just makes loading faster, and more reliable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I

ilikegames42

Reaction score
Sin$
Sounds silly but are you absolutely sure you are launching the modified iso from the xkey, and not from like a disc in the tray? The way you are explaining your issue sounds like you aren't loading the modified iso file.

Upvote 0
N

n7legend

Reaction score
Sin$
You don't need an iso for a xkey, just replace the files by hooking it up to ur pc. Theres more steps but its been so long, and its probobly changed. Follow a tut on yt. If that dont work then im not sure. Oh and i dont think alot of menus/modloaders work in story mode. Make a unmodded save game at the first safe house it just makes loading faster, and more reliable.

But how can i launch the game on my xbox without iso ?

Sounds silly but are you absolutely sure you are launching the modified iso from the xkey, and not from like a disc in the tray? The way you are explaining your issue sounds like you aren't loading the modified iso file.

I'm 100% sure because i tried to delete the game from my hdd and replace the script and script_network from the clean iso, now theres a blackscreen apparering after all the loading images and it simply freeze

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I

ilikegames42

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm 100% sure because i tried to delete the game from my hdd and replace the script and script_network from the clean iso, now theres a blackscreen apparering after all the loading images and it simply freeze
Are you connected to xbox live with the latest title update downloaded? If you are send me a pm I'll look at your scripts.

Upvote 0
Internet Blackhole

Internet Blackhole

Reaction score
Sin$
You could just hotswap, It may be easier if you still haven't found out what's goin wrong. If all else fails ask StaurtB or Pester who are commonly seen on Gta iv and 7sins gta modding thread they may be able to help you, probably best to pm them and not make a post there about it. Hope they can help you if you haven't found assistance yet. Peace out.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register