Solved I'm stumped.....again...with my sammy

tra5h

Reaction score
Ok I got my benq replacement I flashed it with ixtreme 1.61 and it reads and plays all my backups great no problems at all...

I finally flashed my other xbox with a sammy in it with ixtreme 1.61 it will hit and miss playing the backups. sometimes it will play them sometimes it wont...It's a new unit will play originals ok.....

could it be I need to reflash it again ?

I know the advice is not to flash for fear of banning but I don't play live and have no intention of doing so....I just play for my own pleasure and entertainment...

thanks for any ideas....

ll V1oLeNT ll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The flash is alright... it could be a multitude of things. 1 the samsung is pickier on dvd quality than your benq. 2 your laser is dirty/ dying. 3 your disc tray or laser is of track

tra5h

Reaction score
ll V1oLeNT ll thanks for the reply....I'm hoping the sammy is just more pickier on dvd quality since I just bought this one 2 weeks ago at Gamestop..

thanks again!!!
tra5h

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Samsung's are the pickiest drives from what my experience is, followed by hitachi's (my hitachi never got a bad disk read, but i've heard people with picky drives), and then benq's (I've never gotten a bad disk read with a benq).

Your best bet is to get Verbatim disks from like newegg. Also I recommend you do not play on xbox live at the current time since you will be banned for having a flashed 360.

tra5h

Reaction score
Haxalot88 thanks for the advice!!!

I don't play online (as of yet...lol) I'mjust now getting back intogaming since the days of PS1 and Genesis...lol
I purchased a new PS3 so if I do decide to play online I can use that...

I'm having fun discovering all these neat games....The graphics just blows me away....

I've learned a lot in the past week or so reading this site, There is a lot of people willing to help, and it's very informative....

thanks

tra5h

Top Bottom