What's new

Im Not Sure What Team to Take to Regionals

P

PAC-MAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everybody. As many of you know, regionals are coming up very soon. I'm not sure what team to take. So far I have a spiker/wall, Ferrothorn, and a sweeper, Haxorus. I'm honestly not sure what else to take. So far this is what I'm thinking, but give me other Ideas:

1x Sweeper [Haxorus]
1x Sweeper/Whirlwind [Braviary]
1x Sp. Sweeper [Chandelure]
1x Sp. Sweeper/Roarer [Zoroak]
1x Mix Wall/Spiker [Ferrothorn]
1x Wall/Stealth Rock [Crustle]

Debating on a Sandstorm/Stall team. If I was to do that, I would have:

1x Sweeper [Haxorus]
1x Sweeper/Sandstorm [Excadrill]
1x Sp. Wall [Not Sure]

You are not limited to just these options. These are just the teams I have been thinking about.
Feel free to edit the teams in any way. CnC only. No Good Luck or anything please. Regionals are in a month :smile:

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everybody. As many of you know, regionals are coming up very soon. I'm not sure what team to take. So far I have a spiker/wall, Ferrothorn, and a sweeper, Haxorus. I'm honestly not sure what else to take. So far this is what I'm thinking, but give me other Ideas:

1x Sweeper [Haxorus]

Debating on a Sandstorm/Stall team. If I was to do that, I would have:

1x Sweeper [Haxorus]
1x Sweeper/Sandstorm [Excadrill]
1x Sp. Wall [Not Sure]

You are not limited to just these options. These are just the teams I have been thinking about.
Feel free to edit the teams in any way. CnC only. No Good Luck or anything please. Regionals are in a month :smile:
you should try a rain dance team
i only have gen 4 but i do know of dream world abilities

politoad
ability: drizzle

Kingdra
ability: swift swim(i believe this is legal in gen 5)

Lanturn
Ability: Volt Absorb

Crawdaunt
Ability: Hyper Cutter

Vaporeon
Ability: Water Absorb

Octillery
Ability: Sniper

if there is some other pokemon better than the pokemon above pokemon than use those but thats what i pretty much use

P

PAC-MAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
you should try a rain dance team
i only have gen 4 but i do know of dream world abilities

politoad
ability: drizzle

Kingdra
ability: swift swim(i believe this is legal in gen 5)

Lanturn
Ability: Volt Absorb

Crawdaunt
Ability: Hyper Cutter

Vaporeon
Ability: Water Absorb

Octillery
Ability: Sniper

if there is some other pokemon better than the pokemon above pokemon than use those but thats what i pretty much use

The only problem is that I have to use V Gen Pokemon ONLY. Thats why I was worrysome about making a raindance team. If I was to use IV Gen, I would use hippoudon, and Tyranitar.

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The only problem is that I have to use V Gen Pokemon ONLY. Thats why I was worrysome about making a raindance team. If I was to use IV Gen, I would use hippoudon, and Tyranitar.
ya i wouldnt be able to help you out there
sorry

you could try going to smogon and seeing what teams they have there or something like that

EDIT:
Ferrothorn gets great protection in the rain and sets up spikes so you'll want him,
Jellicent is a great new water pokemon to consider,
Alomomola gives good support to your other team members, mainly in healing, making it good for double battles and it also gets hydration,
Seismitoad with swift swim allows for fast earthquakes and he can set up rain dance too,
If you're using legendaries then Tornadus and Thundurus can be good for setting up rain and 100% accuracy thunder respectively,
Galvantula gets 100% accurate thunder and can use bug moves to take out grass threats.

That's seven so you'll have to cut one out. I'd suggest Thundurus. But there are loads of other options to consider.

thats from pokecommunity so hopefully that will help you out plus its a rain dance team that imo seems pretty good(based on the description given)

P

PAC-MAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
ya i wouldnt be able to help you out there
sorry

you could try going to smogon and seeing what teams they have there or something like that

EDIT:

thats from pokecommunity so hopefully that will help you out plus its a rain dance team that imo seems pretty good(based on the description given)

What do you play? What is your strategy? Tempo? Sandstorm? ect

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you play? What is your strategy? Tempo? Sandstorm? ect
i play soul silver and when i usually play i use ether weather teams(ether sand storm or rain dance) or i use stall/sweeping teams

i have however played with a trick room team recently(in competitive personal matches) and personally i dont like it because it seems really cheap but it works

P

PAC-MAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
i play soul silver and when i usually play i use ether weather teams(ether sand storm or rain dance) or i use stall/sweeping teams

i have however played with a trick room team recently(in competitive personal matches) and personally i dont like it because it seems really cheap but it works

I don't really enjoy playing trick room either.
I do like the ideal of a sandstorm stall team, but I'm not so sure. I think I am going to try both teams, and challenge like 10 people with each team.

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't really enjoy playing trick room either.
I do like the ideal of a sandstorm stall team, but I'm not so sure. I think I am going to try both teams, and challenge like 10 people with each team.
ya thats what i would do, well good luck though in the regionals, i know that last time i went to regionals i failed epically(parahaxed to death pretty much)

P

PAC-MAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
ya thats what i would do, well good luck though in the regionals, i know that last time i went to regionals i failed epically(parahaxed to death pretty much)

Well last time I went (2 Years ago) I barely understood IV's/Ev's, natures , and all that stuff. I was in the Seniors division, now in Masters :frown: I have to play with all the 28 yr old "kids" that whack off while playing Pokemon in their Grandmothers basement. :tongue: No, but seriously, I think I'm going to get smashed. I'll give my brother the other team that I don't like. He would be in the Juniors division.

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well last time I went (2 Years ago) I barely understood IV's/Ev's, natures , and all that stuff. I was in the Seniors division, now in Masters :frown: I have to play with all the 28 yr old "kids" that whack off while playing Pokemon in their Grandmothers basement. :tongue: No, but seriously, I think I'm going to get smashed. I'll give my brother the other team that I don't like. He would be in the Juniors division.
damn that sucks dude LOL but on a serious note, if you ev train your pokemon well and if you have good base IVs you should do fine, i mean i thought i wasnt going to make it to regionals the last time i went(which was like 4-5 years ago back when i was in 8th grade) and i made it

P

PAC-MAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
damn that sucks dude LOL but on a serious note, if you ev train your pokemon well and if you have good base IVs you should do fine, i mean i thought i wasnt going to make it to regionals the last time i went(which was like 4-5 years ago back when i was in 8th grade) and i made it

My Haxorus has max EV's/IV's in Speed and Attack (393 Attack/322 Speed at lvl 100)
I <3 him.

Quick Question. If my pokemon is lvl 66, and they reduce him to lvl 50 for the game, will the system still recognize that Haxorus still has max stats? I don't want to train him all the way to lvl 100 because I only need outrage at lvl 66.

Other Quick Question. What are some popular items besides leftovers, life orb, and choice items?

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My Haxorus has max EV's/IV's in Speed and Attack (393 Attack/322 Speed at lvl 100)
I <3 him.

Quick Question. If my pokemon is lvl 66, and they reduce him to lvl 50 for the game, will the system still recognize that Haxorus still has max stats? I don't want to train him all the way to lvl 100 because I only need outrage at lvl 66.

Other Quick Question. What are some popular items besides leftovers, life orb, and choice items?
your haxorus should still have maxed stats but it wont have the same stats as it does now, it should have maxed out stats as if it were level 50 though

some of the items i like using are black sludge(on poison typed pokemon), expert belt(which raises super effective hits), wise glasses(which boosts special attacks by 1.1 and you dont get that nasty after effect as life orb), poison orb(specifically on breloom because of its ability), and if my pokemon is specialized in any one move type(like a machamp with all fighting moves) ill use the item that boosts that type(IE zap plate and black belt)

i also use the rocks that boost weather duration if your using a weather team(damp rock, ice rock, ect.)

just try not to break nintendo's item clause(no 2 pokemon can hold the same item although items with the same effect [IE magnet and zap plate] are allowed)

P

PAC-MAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
your haxorus should still have maxed stats but it wont have the same stats as it does now, it should have maxed out stats as if it were level 50 though

some of the items i like using are black sludge(on poison typed pokemon), expert belt(which raises super effective hits), wise glasses(which boosts special attacks by 1.1 and you dont get that nasty after effect as life orb), poison orb(specifically on breloom because of its ability), and if my pokemon is specialized in any one move type(like a machamp with all fighting moves) ill use the item that boosts that type(IE zap plate and black belt)

i also use the rocks that boost weather duration if your using a weather team(damp rock, ice rock, ect.)
You have been a great help. Are you going to regionals?
Edit: Forgot you don't play B/W :tongue:

P

PAC-MAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
not this year(i dont have pokemon black or white :[ ) and im glad i could help out a fellow se7ensinner like myself

If only more people played Pokemon, and didn't see it as a little kids game. I was getting so bored with Call of Duty, and all those arcade games so much. I love the transition. :smile:

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If only more people played Pokemon, and didn't see it as a little kids game. I was getting so bored with Call of Duty, and all those arcade games so much. I love the transition. :smile:
same here, imo i think pokemon is better than call of duty, i think if there were more people who played pokemon and if there was some form of matchmaking on pokemon i think pokemon would be more popular

I

Iceblade22

Reaction score
Sin$
1x Sweeper [Haxorus]
Replace Haxorus with Hydreigon, much harder to get, but much more worth it in my opinion, with ground, dark, dragon, and fire moves.
Braviary is good.
Chandelure? If i were you, id replace that with a Volcarona, because if you start out with a good match (IE against an umbreon when you had bug buzz, which is super effective), you could always quiver dance, and that makes it much more lethal then chandelure.
Zoroark dosent have that good defence/special defence, and you already have a switcher on the team. I would replace this with a Samurott to cover the fire types, or a light screen/reflect with leaf blade serperior. Same reason, but more type coverage and adds defence to team.
Ferrothorn is good.
If you wanted a wall, i would go with alomomola with 252 evs in special defence and defence, as it can learn wish/protect.As you already have a spiker on the team, this would be a waste of a space/move.

P

PAC-MAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
same here, imo i think pokemon is better than call of duty, i think if there were more people who played pokemon and if there was some form of matchmaking on pokemon i think pokemon would be more popular

Defiantly

Top Bottom
Login
Register