What's new

Discussion Im new to mdding in general but would the xbox one be easier to mod on rather than ps4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Claud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a new next generation console, as most of as probably are. I just want to get more into modding and I believe from what I've seen that it's easier to mod on the xbox 360 as there were more hosters on it. But will it be the same for the next generation console?Which console should one buy in-order to still have mods and accessing them easier?

I hope this makes sense hah :tongue:

S

Snake

Reaction score
Dont buy a new console just to mod, youll regret it. But id say theyre probably gonna be equal in terms of modding exploits etc.

C

Claud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally really enjoy watching mods and all that, so a console with ''easier'' exploits would make it more interesting for me to be honest. I hope both of them are full of exploits too :biggrin:

H

HydroDi0xy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No possible way to tell yet, however I'm sure there will be major exploits in both of them just like last gen.

P

Paragon

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Reaction score
You can do a lot of mods on PC. Come join the master race.

S

SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
You can't mod either yet and it will likely stay that way for a while. Mod 6th or 7th generation consoles. It is much easier, accessible, and safer. You'll probably brick your 8th gen consoles if you try and mod those if you have no idea what you're doing.

C

Claud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't mod either yet and it will likely stay that way for a while. Mod 6th or 7th generation consoles. It is much easier, accessible, and safer. You'll probably brick your 8th gen consoles if you try and mod those if you have no idea what you're doing.

I have no plans in modding them trust me :tongue: ... I'm too new to even try , but I won't give up, we all have to start from somewhere right? I just asked if you guys might guess which console would be easier to find exploits on but I guess it's too early to tell anyways as most you said:smile:!

N

ner0

Reaction score
It's gonna be a while for sure. If you're interested in modding right NOW go for a 360 or PC.

Like SharpGhost said if you don't know what you're doing you'll brick a new console but if you know by all means get a new one and play around

P

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
supposedly there is a WIP for a PS4 Jailbreak but not much info about it and no one really knows how much progress they are making no one has said anything about X1 but if you think the X1 isn't harder to mod then the PS4 you are mentally retarded neither console will be modded for a long *** time but Microsoft has better security on their **** then Sony.

B

Boar

'This Is The Way'
Reaction score
PlayStation will most likely be the first one to modifiable.

D

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Out of the two options, I'd say PC... :wink:

X

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Reaction score
supposedly there is a WIP for a PS4 Jailbreak but not much info about it and no one really knows how much progress they are making no one has said anything about X1 but if you think the X1 is harder to mod then the PS4 you are mentally retarded neither console will be modded for a long *** time but Microsoft has better security on their **** then Sony.

So, are you calling yourself mentally retarded?

C

Collateral22

I hate fanboys.
Reaction score
Stick to some basic xbox360/ps3/wii mods if you are starting out. Gotta learn to walk before you run. These experts of modding don't get there over night. Learn the basics, learn some code, make your own tools, enjoy the sense of achievement :smile:

S

Silva

I try.
Reaction score
supposedly there is a WIP for a PS4 Jailbreak but not much info about it and no one really knows how much progress they are making no one has said anything about X1 but if you think the X1 isn't harder to mod then the PS4 you are mentally retarded neither console will be modded for a long *** time but Microsoft has better security on their **** then Sony.

Yeah... Um, no.

K

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Unless someone has a crystal ball you won't be getting a proper answer. Just sit back and let the people in the scene do their thing. Could be longer (better security possibly?) or shorter then last gen (since consoles are running x86 and are more like PC than every before).

K

KrAcKeR

1337 h4x0r!
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a new next generation console, as most of as probably are. I just want to get more into modding and I believe from what I've seen that it's easier to mod on the xbox 360 as there were more hosters on it. But will it be the same for the next generation console?Which console should one buy in-order to still have mods and accessing them easier?

I hope this makes sense hah :tongue:

With whatever console you have now start with game save modding. Borderlands is a good game to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom