What's new

Discussion I'm going to get a new Macbook Pro around June.

• Thread starter Revshots
  • Start date
  • Views 1,845
Perfect

Perfect

Feeling them Summervibez
10th Anniversary Programmer Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
to me this is funny:
b816e90cd5d9a1c6c2c9f082ba328282.png

K

knockem

Contributor
Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I'm getting a rather large amount of money from my job (~$19k) around the middle of June, and I think I will get a new Macbook Pro, I currently have my mind set on the 15", I currently have a 13" and it doesn't really have enough power, so I'll probably get a 15". However I'm unsure if it's portable enough, if anyone has a 15" rMBP, could you comment on the portability?

Since no one has really answered the question for you.. its not as portable as the 13", but I still take mine with me without any problems. Its very light and relatively thin, I would recommend it.

(-_-)

(-_-)

6/22/13
CotM TotM FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Whole entire conversation could have ended with you just telling us your specs and we could've found a better laptop for the same price. The reason why we dislike Alienware is because they are over priced and you think you are getting a deal with the gimmicky LEDS and such but your not.

TalkingBlob

TalkingBlob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Whole entire conversation could have ended with you just telling us your specs and we could've found a better laptop for the same price. The reason why we dislike Alienware is because they are over priced and you think you are getting a deal with the gimmicky LEDS and such but your not.

Like i said before, I don't need yours or anybody else's advice to know that I got a good deal. I did my research when I made my purchase and I'm happy with my Alienware. Like I also said before, if you want to know the spec/price ratio go to the Alienware site yourself and customize one. True, Alienware has some crappy deals, but so does everyone else. I felt that my purchase (14 inch laptop) was fair.

Keep in mind I didn't buy Alienware just because of the specs though. I wanted a LAPTOP that could do what I wanted it to do, so I wasn't looking to build my own system. I also have an awesome warranty on it and I got some cool stuff (500 gb ssd and a 4 tb hdd) thrown in with my deal. On top of that, I built my purchase in the frame of mind that I would buy what I needed from Alienware, then install what I really wanted (but couldn't justify buying from Dell's overpriced hardware) later, like the ssd.

You guys can hate all you want, but to me it sounds like you're just jumping on the bandwagon. Try being a little less biased sometime and you might end up gaining something. Or go ahead and keep your arrogant "Computer Master Race" attitude and see where it gets you...

(-_-)

(-_-)

6/22/13
CotM TotM FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Like i said before, I don't need yours or anybody else's advice to know that I got a good deal. I did my research when I made my purchase and I'm happy with my Alienware. Like I also said before, if you want to know the spec/price ratio go to the Alienware site yourself and customize one. True, Alienware has some crappy deals, but so does everyone else. I felt that my purchase (14 inch laptop) was fair.

Keep in mind I didn't buy Alienware just because of the specs though. I wanted a LAPTOP that could do what I wanted it to do, so I wasn't looking to build my own system. I also have an awesome warranty on it and I got some cool stuff (500 gb ssd and a 4 tb hdd) thrown in with my deal. On top of that, I built my purchase in the frame of mind that I would buy what I needed from Alienware, then install what I really wanted (but couldn't justify buying from Dell's overpriced hardware) later, like the ssd.

You guys can hate all you want, but to me it sounds like you're just jumping on the bandwagon. Try being a little less biased sometime and you might end up gaining something. Or go ahead and keep your arrogant "Computer Master Race" attitude and see where it gets you...
Lenovo has good deals:rolleyes:

fathom7411

fathom7411

Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I'm getting a rather large amount of money from my job (~$19k) around the middle of June, and I think I will get a new Macbook Pro, I currently have my mind set on the 15", I currently have a 13" and it doesn't really have enough power, so I'll probably get a 15". However I'm unsure if it's portable enough, if anyone has a 15" rMBP, could you comment on the portability?
I have 2 15" Macbook Pros from 07 that I use to paint when I travel. Since they are the older body style they are a bit heavier and bulkier than the current gen and they aren't too bad with portability. To be honest, I have never been into a Apple store but I'm guessing you could go in one and check out the size and weight to see how much you like it and if it's worth it to you to upgrade.

Chad Warden

Chad Warden

Steam id: Coof
Reaction score
Sin$
Its 14.13" × 9.73" and weighs about 5 lbs.

Top Bottom
Login
Register