I'm getting 1 fps on my laptop that meets fortnites minimum requirements

• Thread starter PorkMeatzz
  • Start date
  • Views 701
P

PorkMeatzz

idk where my dog went
Reaction score
I just downloaded fortnite on my new laptop and tried to play battle royale on it (I own save the world but I don't feel like testing it after seeing these results)
specs
Fujitsu lifebook t732
i5 3210m
intel hd 4000
4gb ram ddr3 1600mhz
120 gb hdd
1366 x 768 screen (touch screen and pen enabled if that matters)
windows 8
I installed msi afterburner to moniter, no overclocking was done
and heres what fortnite says I need to run the game
https://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com/...ite-s-minimum-and-recommended-specifications-
and heres gameplay (sry for the low quality I had to render the video here on this laptop and record externally)
all settings were as low as possible but it didn't let me lower the resolution, the 3d resolution though was lowered
If its too hard to see the gpu usage stays low and the ram high, the fps is very low it hits 0 fps often
My laptop can play other games well like tf2, chivalry, minecraft, gmod, and animal jam (lol) but fortnite is very unplayable
Is there something going wrong or do I need to upgrade the ram or go for an ssd?

Last edited:
I

itslenovo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be because of the windows 8. Not sure how much of an issue this is and I wouldn't upgrade until a few different people say that is the issue. (Windows 8>)

P

PorkMeatzz

idk where my dog went
Reaction score
It might be because of the windows 8. Not sure how much of an issue this is and I wouldn't upgrade until a few different people say that is the issue. (Windows 8>)
I haven't seen anyone else say this is an issue, I've seen videos of people running the game: intel 4000 and 4gb ram but another cpu and getting 15-20 fps, I can't find people using the same exact cpu. I'l upgrade to windows 10 and reply if it works

P

PorkMeatzz

idk where my dog went
Reaction score
I installed windows 10 amd it actually fixed it. Now its close to 30 fps on low settings

Top Bottom