What's new

Solved iHAS322-33 and Burner Max Payload problem

M

mornayhey

Reaction score
Hi all

A friend of mine has Forza Horizon 2 original BUT the disc is scratched, so much so that his Xbox 360 reports that the disc is unreadable. I've managed to successfully dump the disc with my LiteOn 16d2s with 0800 firmware. I've verified the dump with abgx360 and got all green.

I'm now trying to burn the image with the Burner Max Payload tool, using my "iHAS322-33 8" drive. I've used all combinations of IMGBURN settings as described on various forums, I've tried MKM-001 and MKM-003 verbatim singapore dual layer 8x discs.

I get absolutely NO errors in IMGBURN. KProbe2 results are all the same: PI average always below 1.13, PIF average always below 0.19. However, and this is where the issue comes in, when KProbe reaches the layer break, the PI spikes to around 170 - 190! I have TWO iHAS322-33 8 drives, and they yield the same results. I've tested with about 30 discs, all MKM-001 or MKM-003.

When I pop the disc in the xbox360 (LT+3 firmware, liteon 16d2s) EVERY DISC installs up to 47% then displays the "clean the disc" error. I even tried 5 everlotus 8x discs, but to my surprise this game me more or less the same results with kprobe.

Also, when I try to verify the burnt discs with abgx360, every part verifies correctly EXCEPT the last part where it checks the CRC. It ALWAYS fails at 49%.

I also tried burning a dump of Forza Horizon 1 and GTA5 (both dumped with my LiteOn 16d2s on 0800 firmware, and verified with abgx360), but get the same issues at 47 - 49%. (layer break is set at 2133520, as per created .dvd file)

So, does the Burner Max Payload tool support my iHAS revision??? (iHAS322-33 8)

ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
I woukd try grabbing iso from a torrent site and burn that after running abgx and see if the results are different first.
As far as gta 5 goes if I remeber correctly I had issues back then with the install disc and just used horizon to install it And burned the play disc .
As far as the payload tool goes I wouldn't think that's the problem because it wouldn't fit the whole disc , but I never used it . I had an old ihas 124b drive that I put the firmware on long b4 that came out .

Last edited:
M

mornayhey

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Newsk, but I have the iHAS 322 drive, revision 8, not "B" so there is no burner max FIRMWARE to install on it. I have to use the payload tool, and am doing so successfully as I have access to the whole 8.7GB on the verbatim discs. However, the layer break on ALL my burns are unreadable.

I'm ditching the iHAS 322 drive though, as I tried the exact same procedure and settings on my laptop drive PLDS-8A5SH, which is also manufactured by LiteOn, and the burn was successful! No read or verify issues with ABGX360. I also got IMGBURN to verify the disc 100% and my KProbe2 scores were more than acceptable. Best of all, the disc installed without any issues on the Xbox360.

I proceeded to dump another of his XGD3 discs (Lost Planet 3) and got a successful burn on my first try. So I guess the iHAS322 revision 8 drive is no good with XGD3 burns. Oh well! :what:

Top Bottom