If we can install unsigned apps through the xbox dev program

• Thread starter SquigglezZ
  • Start date
  • Views 2,746
S

SquigglezZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't we use that for homebrew, and somehow find a way to softmod the xbone.

S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short answer: no.
I can't go into detail but it's much more complicated than that.

S

SquigglezZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short answer: no.
I can't go into detail but it's much more complicated than that.

I know its pracically impossible to find a flaw in the system making a softmod possible for the 360 or one, but couldn't we run more than emulators through it?

S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know its pracically impossible to find a flaw in the system making a softmod possible for the 360 or one, but couldn't we run more than emulators through it?
No. Won't be happening and anyone trying to do it will most likely... not make it through.

V

V7X3

Worship the Digital Age
Reaction score
So how do Emulators get through?
They don't. They're not permitted for the windows store. The only way to use them is on devmode. They've gotten "through" in the past with hidden sub-menus, but that's a different story.

S

SquigglezZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They don't. They're not permitted for the windows store. The only way to use them is on devmode. They've gotten "through" in the past with hidden sub-menus, but that's a different story.

I didn't say on the store, I meant we'd use devmode for it.

V

V7X3

Worship the Digital Age
Reaction score
I didn't say on the store, I meant we'd use devmode for it.
Even then, UWP is extremely limited overall. Emulators won't provide you much in terms of Xbox.

H

HYX

Create your creativity
Super Moderators
Lifetime
Reaction score
I believe there is an emulator on Xbox One already. Google it and see what you find but I am 100% sure I watched a video on it.

T

TEIR1plus2

Getting There
Reaction score
I feel like they're missing your question. Yes you can run homebrew through devmode including SMALL emulators. No it will not lead to an actual exploit because devmode is sandboxed.

What I mean by homebrew is you can create an app that says hello world. Not an app that has access to anything related to the system. UWP is like... the best way to describe it is your not touching the target platform with a 50ft pole.

Top Bottom