Discussion {Ideal} How to unban your Xbox 360

• Thread starter THE REAL HASTER
  • Start date
  • Views 2,643
THE REAL HASTER

THE REAL HASTER

Reaction score
Sin$
If we monitor our network traffic (what is being passed back and forward between us and the live servers) we would probably notice the console id is being sent back and if the machine is banned it is stored on the server.

If changing the console id is enough to "fake" the system then it means we can spoof console IDs and send fake ids back to the server. Microsoft would have a bunch of fake IDs banned and nothing more. I'm no mathematician but if someone could figure out the algorithm used to generate these ids it seems like this could be a solution

The question is, does MS rely on console unique ids in order to determine who is banned. If so, a spoofed console id would do the trick (the anti-ban).

I don't think it's the MAC address because if it was simply that then we can always go out and buy a wireless adapter with new NIC/MAC address but i do think the serial number is being tramitted it and with a customize flash routers such as the wrt54g's (most commonly used) we can probably try to find the ID in the packet transmission. and just create a script for randomize serial ID. but! we would need the key for us to come up with the algorithm.

potential issues you might have is the following:
what if the transmission is secured and shelled?
Would have to run through massive amounts of data through decryption in order for us to even find a link between XBL servers and serial numbers.

possible solution:
find the "serial" application and start invoking before it reaches any network adapter.
if the network adapter is built on to the motherboard then we could run it through a switch which can change transmission content.

there are so many possible ways for MS to do it but one of the most viable/logical reasoning behind the identification of the console would be the serial number and it is the only unique number on the whole console.
Also, would love to get access to it's actual OS and see if it's @ all based on windows base (running everything through kernal) if so then we can develop a .net application to attach to the kernal and replace the serial ID as soon as it detects it!

But I'm sure someone could figure it out

Kingkat714

Kingkat714

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Algorithm for KVs would take years to crack.

Just replace the KV.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd rather just get a new console than do all of that which they could probably just patch in seconds.

TEIR1plus2

TEIR1plus2

VIP
VIP
Hidden Devils
Frame In Gold Programmer A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
You can't just use random ids to get online. They are all in a database. That's why we have to use kvs that we get from other consoles and not just random ids. So honestly it would better to just replace the kv

Evil Tim

Evil Tim

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The logon process requires more than just a "serial number," and you can't just modify the Xbox 360 traffic like that.

Top Bottom
Login
Register