Discussion i5 3570k vs AMD FX 8150 8-CORE

• Thread starter Tattzy
  • Start date
  • Views 2,160
T

Tattzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know which one would be best. I will want to render fast on sony vegas and after effects and also be able to play games. Does not need to be at the same time. I will have an SSD and have my specs for the 15 sorted but then i seen this AMD. Please help which would be best. Thanks.

S

Selena Gomez

Twitch.tv/kingsintv
Retired
Reaction score
i5 3570k for sure. It blows AMD out of the water

F

Feyfolken

   
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Intel beats AMD any day, especially the 3570K. Don't even consider getting an AMD processor.

H

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
3570k own lol, theFX series suck

B

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Compare the 8350, not the 8150. 8150 is 10-15% less performance than the 8350.
Re-read OP. Gaming, 3570k is only slightly better. Adobe, 8350 is better. Either way, your frame rates will be fine, provided you have a decent graphics card. Which ever allows you to make the cheaper build is what I suggest. Overclocking wise, the 3570k has little thermal ability. It will run fairly hot regardless, so overclocking will take it close to it's TJ Max. 8350 can easily overclock on air. Both are good options, just depends on what you want to spend, and how upgrade able you want your system to be.

Last edited:
L

LCBradley3k

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Compare the 8350, not the 8150. 8150 is 10-15% less performance than the 8350.
Re-read OP. Gaming, 3570k is only slightly better. Adobe, 8350 is better. Either way, your frame rates will be fine, provided you have a decent graphics card. Which ever allows you to make the cheaper build is what I suggest. Overclocking wise, the 3570k has little thermal ability. It will run fairly hot regardless, so overclocking will take it close to it's TJ Max. 8350 can easily overclock on air. Both are good options, just depends on what you want to spend, and how upgrade able you want your system to be.
Finally someone who doesn't bash AMD and actually shows it's good for tasks other than gaming.

B

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Finally someone who doesn't bash AMD and actually shows it's good for tasks other than gaming.
I actually like AMD over Intel. They're easily overclockable and can be pushed farther than Intel processor. Not to mention the value for the speed. The slight decrease in FPS isn't even a visible difference. Good luck OCing the 3570k. You can't go much past stock. Thermal Junction compared to the 2500k is like a step back, especially with the smaller architecture. 8350 piledriver is much better than bulldozer, so he shouldn't be comparing an older geneartion to a new one. Steamroller may be the generation that AMD takes the belt back from Intel. AMD is a great company. If OpenGL was supported by Adobe and others, Nvidia cards would only be used for gaming. It's just the fanboys that drive down AMD. If you're talking super high end performance, you would obviously go Intel, as they produce those chips. But value and middle-high end gaming is excellent on AMD.

I

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
Reaction score
i5-3570K (over the FX-8350).

In gaming, you'll see AT LEAST 15 more fps and when you start increasing the settings you'll be getting much better frames over an AMD. Intel.

The 8350 does well in multi-threaded applications, generally performing the same, if not slightly more than the 3570K. However, in single-threaded applications it gets smashed, and that's where the bulk of programs are. Intel.

The 8350 while being more power-efficient than Zambezi still pulls a lot more power than the 3570K. You could probably overclock the 8350 a few hundred megahertz more than the 3570K however not enough to negate Intel's performance increase. Intel.

X

x iiCaspeRZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i5-3570K (over the FX-8350).

In gaming, you'll see AT LEAST 15 more fps and when you start increasing the settings you'll be getting much better frames over an AMD. Intel.

The 8350 does well in multi-threaded applications, generally performing the same, if not slightly more than the 3570K. However, in single-threaded applications it gets smashed, and that's where the bulk of programs are. Intel.

The 8350 while being more power-efficient than Zambezi still pulls a lot more power than the 3570K. You could probably overclock the 8350 a few hundred megahertz more than the 3570K however not enough to negate Intel's performance increase. Intel.
All hail Intel.

Top Bottom