What's new

Discussion I Wish you could turn off DLC

Pheonarx

Pheonarx

Woof Woof.
Reaction score
Sin$
I wish there was a way to search for NON-DLC without having to delete the pack or have a friend without it host the lobby.

Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
If my memory serves me correctly you could disable DLC in MW3. I don't think you can in Bo2 though. You'll just have to delete it and re-download it later.

You could even move the DLC to a USB. When you want the DLC chuck the thumbstick in, when you don't pull it out.

Link

Link

I had eggs for breakfast, Your Mum had Sausage.
Programmer Contest Sponsor Services
Reaction score
Sin$
If my memory serves me correctly you could disable DLC in MW3. I don't think you can in Bo2 though. You'll just have to delete it and re-download it later.

You could even move the DLC to a USB. When you want the DLC chuck the thumbstick in, when you don't pull it out.
Beat me to it!
But yeah, just move it to a USB and remove the USB when you don't want to play DLC.

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Frame In Gold Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Beat me to it!
But yeah, just move it to a USB and remove the USB when you don't want to play DLC.

I did this to get rid of the second map pack for MW2. Treyarch have never been friendly with DLC, with WaW you were forced into buying it to actually find a match and keep it going.

Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
I did this to get rid of the second map pack for MW2. Treyarch have never been friendly with DLC, with WaW you were forced into buying it to actually find a match and keep it going.

Yes that sucked. I'm not sure if it was always like that though?

I never played WaW until after the original black ops was released, a mate told me that because the player base was so small they were forced to combine players with and without DLC. Not sure if it's true or not though.

Link

Link

Reaction score
Sin$
That was f*cking annoying in WaW.

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Frame In Gold Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes that sucked. I'm not sure if it was always like that though?

I never played WaW until after the original black ops was released, a mate told me that because the player base was so small they were forced to combine players with and without DLC. Not sure if it's true or not though.

WaW was outright destroying COD4 on the top played games on xbl, it was number 1 for weeks, the only reason they lost that was because of the DLC. I remember complaining on the forums and Twitter at the time and got the complete pack DLC code direct messaged me, I also got the Gears 2 All Fronts sent to me by Rod Ferguson lol.

Link

Link

Reaction score
Sin$
WaW was outright destroying COD4 on the top played games on xbl, it was number 1 for weeks, the only reason they lost that was because of the DLC. I remember complaining on the forums and Twitter at the time and got the complete pack DLC code direct messaged me, I also got the Gears 2 All Fronts sent to me by Rod Ferguson lol.
Lucky....

Zarky_

Zarky_

Down By The River
Bright Idea CotM Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Only reason I play BO2 is for the DLC lol hate pretty much all the original maps :tongue:

wymn93

wymn93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I really wish they would add a feature todisable it. Mr Vahn said they will not add it because itll make match searching worse. I would do the whole USB thing but my USB also has my game installed. The other flash drive doesnt have room.

T

Tryhard Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have the Season Pass, you can just delete it and re-download it whenever you want. :tongue:

run632

run632

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
That was f*cking annoying in WaW.
Even more annoying in waw was the fricking vet campaign,grenades at war :mad:
If you have the Season Pass, you can just delete it and re-download it whenever you want. :tongue:
Dont need a season pass to download something you have bought.

As many here have said simply stick the dlc on a usb stick ..

Link

Link

Reaction score
Sin$
Even more annoying in waw was the fricking vet campaign,grenades at war :mad:

Dont need a season pass to download something you have bought.

As many here have said simply stick the dlc on a usb stick ..
I remember the day I finished WaW on veteran, the noise the grenade makes still haunts me to this day...

Top Bottom
Login
Register