I will Paypal $40 to anyone who can...

Discussion in 'Xbox Support' started by blingo888, Nov 13, 2008 with 11 replies and 1,518 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blingo888

blingo888 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    help me fix my high definition problem in UnleashX. Here was my original post that went unanswered:

[FONT=&quot]"I have been going crazy researching and trying everything, but I cannot find out why my high definition settings won't work on my softmodded [Click here to view the link]. I can get high definition when I play an original [Click here to view the link] in retail mode (I installed dual-boot) but not when I boot into Unleash X. The settings in Unleash X are set to high definition and [Click here to view the link], and I have added EEPROM_off.bin and shadowC_off.bin into the E: drive without any success. I have modded a Xbox without dual-boot and Unleash X would go into 480P right away and high def. games change to their proper resolutions, 720P. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Can someone please give me a solution? I am at my wits end. Thank you.[/FONT]"

If you can help me fix this without me losing any data, I will gladly Paypal you $40. I have modded other boxes with single boot without an issue. I am very happy about my Xbox except for this one problem of getting the high def. to stick in UnleashX and running the games and emulators in high def. from the hard drive. I can only get 480I if I don't run the game from the original disc in retail mode. Help please....:cursing:

2. feudalnate

feudalnate Banned VIP

Ratings:
    I don't know how to answer your question but you can use XBMC as a dual-boot dashboard if your not able to get an answer for your problem, I know it supports 480/720/1080.

3. OP
    blingo888

blingo888 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Unfortunately, I have XBMC set-up as an application, and it won't go into high def. either. For some reason, the high def. settings from MS Dash are not sticking when I boot to anything else, but thanks for the suggestion, Feudalnate.

4. feudalnate

feudalnate Banned VIP

Ratings:
    The only settings I know that will be read from M$ to other dashboards is the IP settings, so high-def settings will not save to any other dashboard than the M$. You should beable to use XBMC in the HD format you wish, besure you have the newest version (use auto-xbins to download, or search button) and for some troubleshooting check out this thread:
    [Click here to view the link]

You can install XBMC as a dashboard rather than an application. A simple rename, copy/paste will do it.

By the way I don't need $40 for advice, so that not what I'm trying to get at. I'm content with helping someone with they're Xbox.

Check that out and post back

5. OP
    blingo888

blingo888 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Feudalnate, I can tell you are sincere about helping, and like I said, if I can get the games on my hard drive and the emulators to do HD, I will gladly shell out $40. Anyway, I read the thread you suggested. When I go to UnleashX, I can set all the HD settings to "yes" (480P, 720P, 1080I and wide screen), they are not greyed out. However, nothing actually goes into HD. Like I said earlier, I have tried to turn off the virtual eeprom and the shadowC with no success (where do those things actually reside anyway???)

If changing my dashboard to XBMC would give me HD, I will definitely switch. How do I make it a dashboard instead of an app? Is it as simple as moving the xbe and renaming it?

I noticed that when I modded other Xbox's which successfully did HD in UnleashX, I could also fix the no-dongle DVD program (by using Hex editor) to do 480P also. However, on this Xbox, not only will the HD not work in UnleashX, the Hex editing does not work on the DVD program.

Thanks again, Feudalnate. I appreciate your help.

6. feudalnate

feudalnate Banned VIP

Ratings:
    The virtual eeprom/shadowc are located in the E partition or the C partition directories, labeled as shadowc.img. Alternately you can uninstall Krayzies installer and use an installer than does not use virtual shadowc, I believe the Softmod Installer Deluxe would be the best choice also Auto Installer Deluxe may work.

To change the dashboard you need to boot into a dashboard other than UnleashX and XBMC, I suggest EvolutionX or Avalaunch then besure to backup UnleashX if you wish to restore at a later time. Take note of the .xbe file in the UnleashX folder because that is what you need to rename your XBMC .xbe to. Move all files/folders from within the XBMC folder in your E:\Apps\ (or F:\Apps\) and place in the E:\Dashboard\ (or F:\Dashboard\) then all that's left to do is rename the .xbe to what the UnleashX .xbe was (most likely evox.xbe or default.xbe).

I'm sure I shouldnt have to mention it but besure you have a backup of your eeprom.bin on your computer before attemping.

7. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    Ok, I cant believe I hadnt seen this yet.

I know two options you can do. You can do a clean sweep reformat, which should take care of the problem, seeing how it rewrites everything, and you can set it without Shadow C.
    http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbo...ting-your-xbox-hdd-ndure-softmod-exploit.html

Or you can just use this app to bypass shadow C.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbox-support/90740-bypassing-shadow-c-and-eeprom-backup.html

And if you need any help, ill keep checking this thread now.

8. OP
    blingo888

blingo888 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Gentlemen,

Thank you for the suggestions. I will experiment with your suggestions this weekend and report the results.

9. OP
    blingo888

blingo888 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ForrestMaster,

After using your Forrest Tool program, I think I am close to a solution. I tried my best to figure things out without messing up my mod, but I am afraid I need more help from you. Your program allowed me to see my real C drive with the shadowc.img file (while FTPing). It also displayed UnleashX in high-definition! So, I know I am close. However, while in this mode, there are no options to play games or use apps, as you know. Only: Backup Eeprom, Dashboard managment, Settings, Reboot, and Shutdown. So how do I get my high-definition settings to stick in the virtual C like they do in the real C? I tried putting EEPROM_off.bin and shadowC_off.bin everywhere you can imagine, virtual or real, but nothing works after I reboot. PLEASE help, this is becoming an obssession! I know others have to be having this similar problem. Thanks for your patience.

10. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    Change the config in the ForrestTools to the config in your dash. Everything should work from there.

11. OP
    blingo888

blingo888 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    When you say "change the configurations", do you mean transferring certain files from the real C to the virtual C? If so which ones? I changed all the video settings to "wide screen" and all the high- def resolutions to "yes" in both Forrest Tools and in my dashboard but still no luck. Sorry, but I am still not sure what to do from here.

12. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    No. Replace the config.xml in the forresttools with the one for your dash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.