What's new

I Want to Start Programming...

Ares

Ares

Just a Small Town Girl Livin' in a Lonely World
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I've been sort of modding stuff for a few years, and all of my friends/family/teachers think I'm a very technical person. I get a lot of mods and cracks and programs from this site, yet I'm starting to feel guilty that I don't even know how to program, and I want to contribute more to the site. So, what's a good place to start in learning how to program? Also, what applications should I have? Just C++?

Dramskizz

Dramskizz

Steam <3
Mythical Veteran Stickied TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I've been sort of modding stuff for a few years, and all of my friends/family/teachers think I'm a very technical person. I get a lot of mods and cracks and programs from this site, yet I'm starting to feel guilty that I don't even know how to program, and I want to contribute more to the site. So, what's a good place to start in learning how to program? Also, what applications should I have? Just C++?

Send me a message on aim: Dramskizz
I might have something that will help you. :wink:

Null Pointer X

Null Pointer X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As a beginner, learn basic "C". You're not going to be coding much cool stuff in that, but it will give you experience and knowledge of basic syntax that will kickstart you wherever you go next.

Xerax

Xerax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Want to learn? Don't come here and post you want to learn, go onto MSDN and follow tutorials and learn that way.

Oh and please don't post your demo apps you learn't to make from MSDN here, nobody wants to see them, since people post 100's of the same webbrowser each day.

Good luck eh.

Ares

Ares

Just a Small Town Girl Livin' in a Lonely World
Reaction score
Sin$
Send me a message on aim: Dramskizz
I might have something that will help you. :wink:
Well actually, I have to go do some driving right now, but I'll be back at around 1:00, if you'll be on then
smile.gif

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
IMO java is the best language to learn as a beginner.

However, From what you are describing you want to do C#. Which is not an incredibly hard language to learn.

Remiss

xOhmega

Outlier
Reaction score
Sin$
IMO java is the best language to learn as a beginner.

However, From what you are describing you want to do C#. Which is not an incredibly hard language to learn.
I'm also interested in learning how to program, where would I find java tutorials?

Wheen

Wheen

Bytesexual
Retired
Programmer Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm also interested in learning how to program, where would I find java tutorials?
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=java+tutorials&cp=14&qe=amF2YSB0dXRvcmlhbHM&qesig=5_rnxr6XZt4pL5grWC0Jpg&pkc=AFgZ2tlg7Ge_CQ8cbfBW8q1mNuIz2NI0sbxpyeFOhfQNUX7EgZzxq3wfgjP03WwhSZtXhAbzpP2cUnZ2x1rXuzcsL8e_1eum_A&pf=p&sclient=psy&biw=1920&bih=977&source=hp&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=java+tutorials&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=668845393480168f

*Not trying to flame, I'm being serious*

Remiss

xOhmega

Outlier
Reaction score
Sin$
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=java+tutorials&cp=14&qe=amF2YSB0dXRvcmlhbHM&qesig=5_rnxr6XZt4pL5grWC0Jpg&pkc=AFgZ2tlg7Ge_CQ8cbfBW8q1mNuIz2NI0sbxpyeFOhfQNUX7EgZzxq3wfgjP03WwhSZtXhAbzpP2cUnZ2x1rXuzcsL8e_1eum_A&pf=p&sclient=psy&biw=1920&bih=977&source=hp&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=java+tutorials&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=668845393480168f

*Not trying to flame, I'm being serious*
You're completely right, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any specific websites for beginners.

S

shaunm109

Reaction score
Sin$
Visual basic 2010 if u want to start programming but then move on to C# or C++

Wheen

Wheen

Bytesexual
Retired
Programmer Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Visual basic 2010 if u want to start programming but then move on to C# or C++
No.

I would never recommend learning with VB, especially if you intend on moving to a C-like language later.

Start with C# or Java.

T

TheProHedgehog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
shaunm109 said:
well i started with VB now im coding Native C++ and OBJECTIVE C
I started with VB and it got me nowhere. Java/C# is where u wanna go.

Top Bottom
Login
Register