Discussion I want to play better in fortnite!

Discussion in 'Fortnite' started by animenatiOON, Aug 19, 2019 with 10 replies and 437 views.

Tags:
  1. animenatiOON

animenatiOON Newbie

Ratings:
    Hello everyone! I started to play Fortnite and i can't improve myself in any way :frown: I've red a lot of articles with tutorials, took Fortnite Coaching on topfist.com/coachings/fortnite, watched a lot of youtube tutorials with pro, i am watching pro on streams and i am still dying all the time on the beginning of the game.
    How can i improve myself?
    do you know some good coaches?
    tutorials? guides?
    thanks!

2. Toby80

Toby80 Newbie

Ratings:
    The fastest way I improved was to land in an area where there will be lots of other players. You learn much faster as you have to react quickly and encounter many more players.

3. ______

______ Getting There

Ratings:
    What do you play controller or keyboard and mouse? I’m not very good but I enjoyed trying to get controls that worked well for me, a lot of controller pros play claw and that doesn’t work for me so I’ve been running custom controls.

Keyboard and mouse is hard to adjust to compared to other games as you have to learn movement, building controls and combat controls , It’s a hard game to adjust to.

I played save the world campaign and that helped me out with the basics when I first started in season 2

4. BlackFlag

BlackFlag Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I will tell you that I sit back and stalk other players kinda like a hunting type of thing, I play in the shadows of course I do not build for the life of meas well as Pro players do.. A shot here and there staying like annoying fly on its target is really my play style.. its different as most players come straight for you, but if ur in a building with traps and not much to defend urself, a trap will do most of the work.. its just playing like a camping nerd... Its really fun in my eyes

• Like Like x 1
  5. Saint123

Saint123 Newbie

Ratings:
    I am terrible at fortnite, I just cant grasp how people build so quickly.

6. ______

______ Getting There

Ratings:
    Younger kids have really good reaction times and a lot of them play claw
    They spend hours on the game too

That’s what happens when games have been around for a while

7. acezzzz

acezzzz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You will need many hours of practice to master the game of fortnite young grasshopper.

8. Dini

Dini merged Retired

Ratings:
    Suggest lots of creative like everyone else that plays. I got "decent" just because I played since season 2. For the shooting just playing the game or doing practice maps can help you out, some even suggested before to play Save the World to practice aim but since creative exists you can just find maps to aim practice. The more hours you have the better you'll get and the more you'll learn :smile:

9. schitzotm

schitzotm Contributor

Ratings:
    Lol... (practice) screw that.
    I hate fortnite because of the building that goes on.
    So lets start from the beginning and work our way to hunting.
    Try to jump far when leaving the plane. If you are squads make sure one floats high in the air to the destination. (If you are solo you can do this as well but be careful as those that land first have weapons)
    Be sure to call out the buildings enemies are in if you are squad.
    Get a gun and quickly head toward the enemy. Aim up for the head. Remember that full auto weapons spray in a circle. (Meaning up and down and side to side) So try to compensate for that by bumping your gun side to side and up and down. This will ensure more bullets land in head shot. Remember to follow the player as they will be moving side to side while trying to aim.
    Going on the proactive strike at first landing will get all the hostiles out of your way leaving time to find all the stuff you need. Keep an eye on the blue circle as well. If you are in but on the edge plan on more players visiting. Some trying to get the guys running in to circle and some trying to get in circle.
    Now we have what we need and its time to start hunting. Play the edge of the circle and never stay in one spot. Keep moving even when sniping. Watch for players coming in and drop them.
    Always look into the blue for players and ensure your 6 is covered.
    Now we move to hunting players. Look for stuff that was built. (Do not use the built items as they may have traps or their existence alone is the trap)
    Look for stuff being built and then look for the player building it. (They have to exit the build section to shoot at you) take aim and drop them.
    Always assume if you see a player they have already seen you. So keep moving.
    When you get toward the end you will find huge structures of forts. Do not spend too much time looking at them or you will be sniped. Instead keep cover while moving so look for hillside or buildings to switch cover. Their fort will likely not be in circle eventually. If its down to you and the other guy stay moving but keep your eye on him. As soon as he leaves his fort drop him. But do not take shots that dont make contact. This will give away your position. Remember to keep moving even when shooting.

10. Dini

Dini merged Retired

Ratings:
    Yeah it was easier back in season 2 or before it but now everyone knows how to build from just spamming creative practice. Not gonna get any better unless you practice the builds in creative as well.
    This is kind of a good tip but also bad. It is a good strat if you want to play the hide and survive game. It's not good if you want to get better at the game. If you are trying to get better then you want to land straight down at the high pop areas, getting weapon, shield, then pushing people for practice. That's how I got good at H1Z1 back in the day and it also helped doing same in Fortnite (though that's cause I had the experience from H1 which was same right after landing).

11. mariopepper

mariopepper Newbie

Ratings:
    First of all you need team wich can help you to impove yourself. The second step is to find good team by using their fortnite rating and convince them to play together. After that you will be impoving yourself due playing the game.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019