Status
Not open for further replies.
Meloo

Meloo

New York Knicks
Donator Forum Addict Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I want to learn programming, im a recent HS grad, my major is programming /info sys. Im interested in this stuff but have never done it. WHERE DO I START! What should i do? How do i go about it!

PCMasterRace

PCMasterRace

Glorious
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically, you learn the basics of whatever language you decide for whatever type of programming/coding you want to do. Try doing something fun with what you've learned, make sure you don't get bored or else you won't learn or enjoy it. Keep working until you reach a wall, something you don't understand how to do yet, do some research, keep at it and figure out the problem. You pretty much just repeat this.

Following Youtube tutorials can also help, but the idea is not to copy and paste what they're doing. Learn from it, read their code and make sure you understand it inside and out before you actually use it. Same goes for any tutorial, learn, rip apart and rebuild your own way.

I think something that a lot of people never mention is what I mentioned earlier, don't get bored! If you get bored or tired of a project you're working on, either move on or change something. Although don't mix up being a lazy *** and getting tired of something. Stay inspired, don't lose interest just because you're not 1337 at the get go.

Last edited:
V

Vessel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The main thing is dedication. But I can tell you one thing for sure, standing around asking for help isn't going to do any good. Google is your best friend. You can find source codes on many infamous projects and look through them to study and learn the coding. From there you can ask for assistance on multiple of your projects. This is what we call a "Credits List". It's basically a list of people who helped you with your program. If you take this advice, study your language and work hard by searching google, you will become very fluent with your language.

Z61

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Programmer Forum Addict Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
There is a thread dedicated to this as mentioned above. I'm locking this thread, though there is some good advice from fellow users in here that you should look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register