What's new

Discussion I want Red Ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Enepsis

Reaction score
Sin$
So, I've been doing the "Towel Trick" for about 3 hours. I could fry an egg on the plastic, haha. Anyway, after it gets RRoD'd, I restart the console, and it acts totally fine, still hotter than the blazes of Hell. Yeah, I was banned and have a deal with my Local videogame store that replaces it no questions asked.

TL;DR: Whats the best way to screw up your xbox, without it being obvious, i.e: Red Ring.

M

MyxNutsxHurt

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Well sexually...I dont think we need to go there

Mentally - You can cuss at it and throw a peanut butter and jelly at it

Physically.. Put a piece of Salomi in the disc tray and say it cant read the disc

^^ Best way's....But i guess the stupid way is to force e74 or RROD...

E

Enepsis

Reaction score
Sin$
MyxNutsxHurt said:
Well sexually...I dont think we need to go there

Mentally - You can cuss at it and throw a peanut butter and jelly at it

Physically.. Put a piece of Salomi in the disc tray and say it cant read the disc

^^ Best way's....But i guess the stupid way is to force e74 or RROD...

...Okay.... So, you think the best way is to put Salomi in the disk tray?
..Yeahh.. I'll keep my chances up with the Towels. haha. +1 Thermal blanket.

E

Enepsis

Reaction score
Sin$
Wow. I must have a super box or something.
It's easily 200F degrees and not dying.
Super xbox?

O

OZ0NE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It will shut off if the system gets too hot. Why do u want to RRoD it in the first place?

Edit: Nvm I didnt read. Just gutswap the sucker. It isnt hard at all. The hardest part is finding the torx 8(might be 10) screw driver. I just went into my basement and found one. But up to you.

E

Enepsis

Reaction score
Sin$
OZ0NE said:
It will shut off if the system gets too hot. Why do u want to RRoD it in the first place?

Edit: Nvm I didnt read. Just gutswap the sucker. It isnt hard at all. The hardest part is finding the torx 8(might be 10) screw driver. I just went into my basement and found one. But up to you.

I would do that, But, I don't have a second Xbox360. The place I got mine offered me a Service Warranty Agreement, basically saying within a year if my xbox gets screwed up in any way, that's Microsofts fault, or mine, (Preferred M$), They will swap it, no questions asked, yadda yadda, no one cares about the M$ Warrenty Sticker.
I think because it's a different warranty, not offered by Microsoft. :smile:

Also, It doesn't shut off if it gets too hot, It red rings, then I have to reboot it, but then It can keep getting roasted for a while.
No matter though, I'm just gonna like... Fark the RAM sideways and hope for the best. :biggrin:

Scar

Scar

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont see why people think towels will make it rrod... The 360 is designed to shut off when it overheats (2 red lights).

F

Fishersam

Reaction score
Sin$
Yea man, that's stupid. The towel trick is a fix. If you leave it on for too long it shuts off.

E

Enepsis

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah. Every time It shut off, I turned it back on. haha.

I'll just do the ram chip thing.

Scar

Scar

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Enepsis said:
Yeah. Every time It shut off, I turned it back on. haha.

I'll just do the ram chip thing.
That wasnt too smart... Its designed to shut off when it reaches a certain temperature, so turning it back on right away would just make it shut off again a few seconds later when it reached that temperature again.

E

Enepsis

Reaction score
Sin$
Scar said:
That wasnt too smart... Its designed to shut off when it reaches a certain temperature, so turning it back on right away would just make it shut off again a few seconds later when it reached that temperature again.

Not really. It just kept going. Like I said, I could have fried an egg on the case. haha

Scar

Scar

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I know, but it IS designed to shut off at that temperature so you were really getting nowhere... The reason why it kept running was probably because it was able to cool for a couple minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register