What's new

Discovery I think I received extra compensation after the changed weapon prices?

• Thread starter kalemeat
  • Start date
  • Views 1,556
kalemeat

kalemeat

Reaction score
Sin$
I already got my 250$ and 15 gold from the Rockstar gift, I already got the compensation for buying the bolt action rifle and pump action shotgun before they changed the prices. However, yesterday (after the price change) I bought the Schofield revolver for 192$. Today while playing I noticed I randomly had about 170$ out of nowhere when before I had about 60$. I was just dicking around in the wilderness with a friend and when I checked I suddenly had 170. The reimbursement for the Schofield would be 104$, so I probably had at least 66 dollars, I just don't remember exactly.

Anyways, this has me thinking, is it possible we are still getting reimbursements for weapons even though we are buying them cheaper now? Something weird happened with my money and thats my best guess. Maybe it wont happen every time but if it works you could, for example, buy the Mauser for 600, and after some time get 400 back since it used to be 1000$ for a net loss of only 200$ for a Mauser.

Anyone else experienced this? I have no idea if this is automatic or if I did something weird to make it happen.

Update: I logged in again after taking a break and I got a message from Rockstar saying they gave me 144$ for reimbursement! Im not sure where the extra 40 came from.

Last edited:
ooooSTONYoooo

ooooSTONYoooo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I got the same yesterday mate. I think the extra after was for reimbursement of the difference between old prices to new. And the 250 and 15 gold bars was a thanks for playing the game online in first week or so.

kalemeat

kalemeat

Reaction score
Sin$
I got the same yesterday mate. I think the extra after was for reimbursement of the difference between old prices to new. And the 250 and 15 gold bars was a thanks for playing the game online in first week or so.

Yes, they are reimbursing us for the price difference, but if you read my post I said that I already got my reimbursement. This 144$ was way after that. The only weapons I bought before the price change were the pump action shotgun and bolt action rifle. Neither of those would give me 144$, but I did biy the Schofield after the changes, except that should've given me 104$. So its a bit weird.

ooooSTONYoooo

ooooSTONYoooo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yer I think we are just getting reimbursement in stages. Cause I got a 7 dollar reimbursement when I first logged on and about an hour later I changed server and got 104 dollars. The only things I bought before the price change was the bow and arrow and a few clothes.

If only there was a way to confuse it into thinking we haven't got any money lol

kalemeat

kalemeat

Reaction score
Sin$
Yer I think we are just getting reimbursement in stages. Cause I got a 7 dollar reimbursement when I first logged on and about an hour later I changed server and got 104 dollars. The only things I bought before the price change was the bow and arrow and a few clothes.

If only there was a way to confuse it into thinking we haven't got any money lol

That would be the dream. "Hey Rockstar I didn't receive that 9000$..."

Fadexz

Fadexz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I think I got it the first time when I died then next time I entered a session then I got the screen so I got it twice i'm pretty sure.

Top Bottom
Login
Register