• Views 647
Status
Not open for further replies.
half eatn bagel

half eatn bagel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I bought a JTAG with no hard drive in person, I took it home, booted it up, to find it was 8955 kernal and had the same dashboard as my personal Xbox. Then I turned it off and opened the DVD drive to see if it had Xell, and it did. Did I get scammed or is there something I'm missing?

xbh1h2

xbh1h2

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
What the hell are you talking about "Opened up the DVD drive to see if it had Xell"?

You mean you pressed the eject button? If thats the case your probably running XBreboot. In which case no, you did not get ripped off.

half eatn bagel

half eatn bagel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
xbh1h2 said:
What the hell are you talking about "Opened up the DVD drive to see if it had Xell"?

You mean you pressed the eject button? If thats the case your probably running XBreboot. In which case no, you did not get ripped off.
Yeah I mean the eject button. Thats what I thought, but then why is the kernal 8955? Is that normal, am I retarded? Shouldnt it have the old dashboard?

Z89

zackf89

Xbox Modification/Repair Master
Reaction score
Sin$
half eatn bagel said:
Yeah I mean the eject button. Thats what I thought, but then why is the kernal 8955? Is that normal, am I retarded? Shouldnt it have the old dashboard?

xbr flashes the new kernal onto ur xbox...if you can open xex loader then you didnt get ripped...

half eatn bagel

half eatn bagel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
zackf89 said:
xbr flashes the new kernal onto ur xbox...if you can open xex loader then you didnt get ripped...
Okay, now I am a noob. When I was looking into a JTAG, I only looked at its capabilities. Not how to use one. Please forgive me of my sins and tell me how to open that up. Also, how I connect my external hard drive to the Xbox?

xbh1h2

xbh1h2

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
half eatn bagel said:

You might be retarded, I kid I kid. XBreboot uses a modified version of the newest dash so your going to see the newest dash.

vvSTRIDEvv

vvSTRIDEvv

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
half eatn bagel said:
booted it up, to find it was 8955 kernal and had the same dashboard as my personal Xbox.

lol...put xex menu or loader on your hdd. No more detail...read some stuff.

half eatn bagel

half eatn bagel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
vvSTRIDEvv said:
yeah yeah yeah, whatever. everyone starts somewhere. your internet penis is superior to mine.

EDIT: Well how can I connect my external hard drive to it or am I just stuck with the regular xbox hard drive? I thought I saw somewhere you could connect a external one..

L

LETTUCE CHIEF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lol bagel i remeber me and Mw2 black jesus hacked ur account. then it took like 3 weeks for you to get it back. then i invited you to a party once you got it back and i was thinking about hurrying up and changing the email but i felt bad for you so i didnt. but you had almost everything unlocked. still, you=nubcake.

J

jake+

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i mod life said:
lol bagel i remeber me and Mw2 black jesus hacked ur account. then it took like 3 weeks for you to get it back. then i invited you to a party once you got it back and i was thinking about hurrying up and changing the email but i felt bad for you so i didnt. but you had almost everything unlocked. still, you=nubcake.

Cool story bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register