What's new

Unsolved I think I finally need some help... PS3 JB GTA V Mods kind of works, crashes, always from prologue

M

MikeOrkid

Reaction score
Hey everybody. Sorry to be the guy that signs up to make a post, but that's where I'm at. I always do what I can to try to figure things out on my own, but this time, I need a little help. I will first type the short and sweet, then a little bit more in depth.
I have a cech2001A running 4.82 Rebug. mmCM, Control Fan Utility, RBG toolbox. I copied over my GTA V to internal, converted from blus to bles, and CEX to DEX. I also am using KMZoilus KMZ Ultra Version 2.3 (started with 3.0) as per his youtube video and link. I also used InFamousGhost's video on Jailbreaking PS3 OFW 4.82 with a USB. Since then, filezilla has been great. (as I am typing this, I opened mmCM to look up something and it froze my system while closing to XMB) Now in Rebug to display info -- Rebug Toolbox-MULTI Version 02.02.16 Firmware 4.82 DEX Kernel and Target both DEX Cobra 7.55
So, right now, my main problems are this.... To open or play GTA V, I have to first go into mmCM and load from there. When I hit load, it closes to XMB (not sure if thats normal or not) GTA V just shows */app_home/PS4_GAME until I go into mmCM and try to load from there. Once back on XMB, I can open either open KMZ mod tools or the game itself. Now the fun stuff. I can start the game, but every time, it starts from prologue. (9 years ago, etc) So I have to always start the game from scratch. Some mod loaders or menus work and some don't. At some point in the game while using mods, it will freeze and that means I am done for the day. Back to square one (prologue) the next time. So it doesn't start where I left off, and will always freeze. I do have the Franklin and Lamar gamesave in my saved data utility.
Here is the comment I left on MKZ's youtube video...

I may need a little help. I jailbroke my cech2001a. Running 4.82. I have multiman and rebug (I don't have webMan). I followed all of the steps shown in the video. I deleted, renamed, rebooted, converted from blus to bles with your V3.0, ran installed updates, and started a new game. Closed the game once I hit my first save as Franklin and Lamar. Went to your KMZ ULTRA GTA V tool V3.0 (stand alone version) and installed SPRX menus (CEX), mod loaders, and eboots. Every time I start the game, it starts from the beginning. "9 years ago" etc What did I do wrong? Thanks for your time and help and for making easy tutorials.

Installed Hustler 1.8 (which did nothing in-game), Wildmodz (kind of worked but kept freezing), ( I just installed "Install stock update rpf file), and did the modded eboot. (Just did the factory EBOOT) Ill let you know what happens.... Also forgot, the logo for gta5 hasn't been on the xmb since I JB'd it. I have to go into multiMan each time, hit load, takes me to xmb, then I am left with a folder that just says PS3. When I hover over it without hitting X, the regular load screen shows behind it. FML

So, that is that. I am totally ok with starting from scratch, as long as its right and reliable. I do not play online, so I am open to whatever menus I can use and have fun with. I know I probably missed something before or during the game installation (or maybe during the jailbreak). If you guys need any more system info or whatever, please let me know, and Ill be glad to respond asap. Thank you all so much from a Jailbroken PS3 noob.
Mike...

P

Pianist Prodigy

Never Give Up On Your Goals!
Retired
Reaction score
Hey everybody. Sorry to be the guy that signs up to make a post, but that's where I'm at. I always do what I can to try to figure things out on my own, but this time, I need a little help. I will first type the short and sweet, then a little bit more in depth.
I have a cech2001A running 4.82 Rebug. mmCM, Control Fan Utility, RBG toolbox. I copied over my GTA V to internal, converted from blus to bles, and CEX to DEX. I also am using KMZoilus KMZ Ultra Version 2.3 (started with 3.0) as per his youtube video and link. I also used InFamousGhost's video on Jailbreaking PS3 OFW 4.82 with a USB. Since then, filezilla has been great. (as I am typing this, I opened mmCM to look up something and it froze my system while closing to XMB) Now in Rebug to display info -- Rebug Toolbox-MULTI Version 02.02.16 Firmware 4.82 DEX Kernel and Target both DEX Cobra 7.55
So, right now, my main problems are this.... To open or play GTA V, I have to first go into mmCM and load from there. When I hit load, it closes to XMB (not sure if thats normal or not) GTA V just shows */app_home/PS4_GAME until I go into mmCM and try to load from there. Once back on XMB, I can open either open KMZ mod tools or the game itself. Now the fun stuff. I can start the game, but every time, it starts from prologue. (9 years ago, etc) So I have to always start the game from scratch. Some mod loaders or menus work and some don't. At some point in the game while using mods, it will freeze and that means I am done for the day. Back to square one (prologue) the next time. So it doesn't start where I left off, and will always freeze. I do have the Franklin and Lamar gamesave in my saved data utility.
Here is the comment I left on MKZ's youtube video...

I may need a little help. I jailbroke my cech2001a. Running 4.82. I have multiman and rebug (I don't have webMan). I followed all of the steps shown in the video. I deleted, renamed, rebooted, converted from blus to bles with your V3.0, ran installed updates, and started a new game. Closed the game once I hit my first save as Franklin and Lamar. Went to your KMZ ULTRA GTA V tool V3.0 (stand alone version) and installed SPRX menus (CEX), mod loaders, and eboots. Every time I start the game, it starts from the beginning. "9 years ago" etc What did I do wrong? Thanks for your time and help and for making easy tutorials.

Installed Hustler 1.8 (which did nothing in-game), Wildmodz (kind of worked but kept freezing), ( I just installed "Install stock update rpf file), and did the modded eboot. (Just did the factory EBOOT) Ill let you know what happens.... Also forgot, the logo for gta5 hasn't been on the xmb since I JB'd it. I have to go into multiMan each time, hit load, takes me to xmb, then I am left with a folder that just says PS3. When I hover over it without hitting X, the regular load screen shows behind it. FML

So, that is that. I am totally ok with starting from scratch, as long as its right and reliable. I do not play online, so I am open to whatever menus I can use and have fun with. I know I probably missed something before or during the game installation (or maybe during the jailbreak). If you guys need any more system info or whatever, please let me know, and Ill be glad to respond asap. Thank you all so much from a Jailbroken PS3 noob.
Mike...
I think that's just normal for it start at prologue although you already completed it. But think it's because of the mods you install that's probably most likely causing that issue, but if you were uninstall the mods then it would work properly.

M

MikeOrkid

Reaction score
P Pianist Prodigy Can you give me a rundown of a full uninstall of everything minus the game via mmMC? Or should I delete everything and start over? I am ok with whatever will make this function normally in the future. Again, the game always starts from the beginning and there are no game saves available. I still get freezine about 15 or 20 minutes into the game. I definitely think I need to get rid of KMZ's packages.
Thanks for the reply and help.
Mike...

P

Pianist Prodigy

Never Give Up On Your Goals!
Retired
Reaction score
P Pianist Prodigy Can you give me a rundown of a full uninstall of everything minus the game via mmMC? Or should I delete everything and start over? I am ok with whatever will make this function normally in the future. Again, the game always starts from the beginning and there are no game saves available. I still get freezine about 15 or 20 minutes into the game. I definitely think I need to get rid of KMZ's packages.
Thanks for the reply and help.
Mike...
Just delete the update of GTA 5 but don't deleted the game. Once the latest update it will delete the modded files. Then you try getting script or sprx mods from this site: https://www.nextgenupdate.com/games/grand-theft-auto-v/

Top Bottom