I really really need some help here

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by baller123, Feb 6, 2010 with 19 replies and 458 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baller123

baller123 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I purchased my iphone today, yes today....so I come home and install blackrain and make it rain on my new iphone before I even connected it with my itunes...I get on itunes and it tells me I have to restore it. Well the new firmware 3.1.3 is out so I knew that wasn't going to work with this jailbreak....so i attempt this new 3.1.3 jailbreak - Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with Sn0wbreeze | Redmond Pie (note my iphone is still in recovery mode)...then I get to the part where I have to recover with itunes, and my iphone is not responsive, and it is not even showing up on itunes. I tried to put it in dfu mode and everything...no response...Is there anything I can do about it? Please help; this has ruined my whole day...

2. David7992

David7992 Getting There

Ratings:
    :S You might of bricked your iPhone there...

Did you follow the instructions completly? while jailbreaking it?

3. OP
    baller123

baller123 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It was just sitting there in recovery mode and went black and was unresponsive...I've tried hold the sleep and home buttons for 15 seconds...tried dfu mode...it wont show up on itunes or anything...right now im not even worried about jailbreaking; i just need my new iphone to work..i need suggestions

Please somebody help me out here....

I've been sitting on this computer for 7 ****in hours trying to get a brand new iphone 3gs to work...its all im going to think about until it gets working...and i dont know what to do

Should I leave it plugged in the wall for a while? let the battery die? any suggestions please

I got a 1604 error when I tried to restore if this helps anything

4. Jerry

Jerry #StraightCisPride Retired

Ratings:
    I never heard of Sn0wBreeze...maybe that jailbreak is your problem :S

5. OP
    baller123

baller123 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks for the reply; i don't think that it actually did anything to my iphone just a software update I downloaded...I tried to restore my iphone and got a 1604 error, and the screen was black, I couldn't reset it, computer won't recognize it...I just want it to turn on again...

6. NewMod

NewMod Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Try to reload the jailbreak data by rejailbreaking. That may help. I downgrade iPods by loading older jailbreak data to the ipod then restore. It may work... Just a suggestion

7. OP
    baller123

baller123 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I would love to restore it but it will not power on, reset, or be recognized by my computer better yet itunes...is it a battery problem or something?

8. NewMod

NewMod Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok first try to rejailbreak using the software

9. OP
    baller123

baller123 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    can I rejailbreak if my computer won't recognize the iphone?

10. NewMod

NewMod Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Idk you can try? You have nothing else to lose

11. OP
    baller123

baller123 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    it can't find a device...ive been googling stuff for hours...its supposed to bring up an apple when I hold down the sleep and home buttons but that apple will not come up...how is my computer going to recognize a device that wont even power up anyways? somehow this iphone has got to turn on...i haven't even had it for 12 hours

if i go back to the atat store; could they just give me a new one without being able to tell i attempted a jailbreak

12. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang

Ratings:
    The newer iphones have a newer iboot making them not exploitable to the 24k pwnage. They have a tethered jailbreak. tethered jailbreaks are yet to be developed on 3.1.3

13. OP
    baller123

baller123 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    that may be, but how can i get this thing to turn back on? ive tried dfu,reseting, and my computer can't even tell its plugged in...i would literally pay somebody to help me get this thing working again...

14. Jerry

Jerry #StraightCisPride Retired

Ratings:
    I did some more Googling some stuff for you, maybe it will help :huh:

Is iPhone not responding? To reset iPhone, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    iPhone and iPod products are equipped with Liquid Contact Indicators in the bottom of the headphone jack. iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS models also have an indicator on the bottom of the dock-connector housing.These indicators will be activated when they come in direct contact with water or a liquid containing water. They are designed not to be triggered by humidity and temperature changes that are within the product's environmental requirements described by Apple.
    You can tell if the headphone-jack Liquid Contact Indicator has been triggered by looking directly down into the headphone jack. Use a lighted magnifying glass or angle the iPhone or iPod so light shines down into the headphone jack. At the base of the headphone jack, you should see what is normally a white or silver-colored dot. The dot will become full or half red or pink when the dot has come in contact with water or a liquid containing water. To view the dock-connector indicator on iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS, use a lighted magnifying glass and hold the device so that you can view the center bottom of the dock-connector housing. A full or partial red dot will appear if the indicator has been triggered.
    The following images show how the indicator appears when an iPhone or iPod has been exposed to water or a liquid containing water:
    Product Liquid Contact Indicator location iPhone 3G/iPhone 3GS [​IMG] [​IMG]
    iPhone [​IMG]
    iPod touch [​IMG]
    iPod nano [​IMG]
    iPod classic [​IMG] iPod shuffle (3rd generation) [​IMG]
    Corrosion, if evident, leads to the irreversible deterioration or degradation of metal components and may cause the device not to work properly. The following pictures are examples of corrosion:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For further information regarding iPhone and iPod Service and Warranty, click the links below:
    Apple - Support - iPhone - Service FAQ
    or
    Apple - Support - iPod - Service FAQ

I placed in the dock and turned it on, once again giving me the annoying battery screen. However, this time I actually restarted my computer. My rational was that if the device was connected while it was booting up the computer had to recognize it somehow.

During my computer's boot sequence the iphone appeared to had turned off, I didn't touch anything though. After windows loaded, I noticed that still the iphone was black as if it was turned off. Thinking that it probably ran out battery once again, I went to turn on the iphone while still having it on the dock (during this whole time I had not removed it from the dock).

And alas! I saw the apple symbol and my springboard showed up!

It is now currently charging (I can see the charge increase on the screen, when I lock the screen, it is now halfway and green) on my usb dock.

I went to place it back on the wall charger though and it seems that it doesn't work. I will be buying a new wall charger soon.

I am thinking when I was talking on the iphone and connected it to the wall it simply never charged and thus the battery completely drained. As soon as I placed it on something that wasn't broken (ie: my iphone usb dock) it started to charge but still was frozen on that (stupid) battery screen. Restarting my computer while connected did something to the iphone so that now it is fully operational. All without having to resort to apple's communist ways of trying to control all aspects of your life.

Personally I'm not an apple fan. I "gave into" the whole iphone thing when I figured out there was a generation of people my age committed into fighting back the apple empire while still using its technology.

Cheers

Maybe some of this will help :S

15. kreiger3750

kreiger3750 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well Your battery probably died because i had this problem with my friends ipod... So try connecting your iphone to the computer and while doing that do the dfu mode...

16. OP
    baller123

baller123 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I tried dfu mode while connected to the computer, and I will try booting up my computer with the iphone plugged in.

I booted up my computer with the iphone in; the phone is still not responding but now I have this icon at the bottom right of my computer that says safely remove hardware?

atat store is open on sundays yay....im getting this thing replaced today

17. PhoLuM

PhoLuM Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Dude i was hella scared because my iphone was stuck in this one jail break mode for like 2 hours. so i took it out of the comp and put it in DFU mode and restored it on my other comp, everything worked. except it was restored to like a week ago, so all my apps and messages were deleted since then, but try that. I think some one covered this. Just hold the home button and the power button for 10 Seconds and then let go of the power button and keep holding the home button and it should work. Now that is what i call a run on sentence, sorry if that doesn't help.

18. OP
    baller123

baller123 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I just got them to replace it, but thanks for trying to help everyone

19. PhoLuM

PhoLuM Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Lol dude, i didn't jail break my iPhone til like 8 months after.

20. OP
    baller123

baller123 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yea well ive had an itouch so I already knew how to do everything, but the stupid software update screwed everything up haha