Solved I really really need some help flashing my 360

Dave1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
okay, so I don't have a desktop- I have a laptop.

I have tried everything people have told me for my laptop- the drive will not be recognized. Trust me I have tried PCMCIA to SATA, USB to SATA (3 connector one) and USB to ESATA bridge with an ESATA to SATA cord attached to that.

I'm up around 50 bucks already spent on this ****, it pisses me off that every time I do what someone tells me, then state my problem, no one can help other than saying "buy something new." I'm done buying something new. That's not my problem.

The problem is that the drive is not recognized by windows. I tried installing windows xp on my XPS M1530 for the sole purpose of flashing my xbox. That still didn't work- it is not recognized. Please, someone give me a driver or something that will allow my computer to recognize this drive as something other than a "USB Mass Storage Device" with a yellow question mark next to it.

Thanks

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend doing this now unless you don't care about being banned....

Dave1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JoeMal said:
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend doing this now unless you don't care about being banned....
I don't care about being banned. Hitachi firmware will probably take months to get out anyway, so it's not an issue. I have 2 consoles. One I play games online on and one I would just play burned games on offline.

Arlen777

Reaction score
Dave said:
okay, so I don't have a desktop- I have a laptop.

I have tried everything people have told me for my laptop- the drive will not be recognized. Trust me I have tried PCMCIA to SATA, USB to SATA (3 connector one) and USB to ESATA bridge with an ESATA to SATA cord attached to that.

I'm up around 50 bucks already spent on this ****, it pisses me off that every time I do what someone tells me, then state my problem, no one can help other than saying "buy something new." I'm done buying something new. That's not my problem.

The problem is that the drive is not recognized by windows. I tried installing windows xp on my XPS M1530 for the sole purpose of flashing my xbox. That still didn't work- it is not recognized. Please, someone give me a driver or something that will allow my computer to recognize this drive as something other than a "USB Mass Storage Device" with a yellow question mark next to it.

Thanks
Have the same problem spent about 100$ on different cables and cords(but i returned them already :smile:) just do it this way go to ebay get 6421 VIA card (i am waiting mine now to deliver from china), then go to walmart get a desktop flash u box and then return it to wal-mart, and keep u via card, or just go to craigslist and get used desktop for 50$ and keep it for xbox flashing.

Top Bottom