Solved I own the backwards compatible Ps3

• Thread starter Piss Mustard
  • Start date
  • Views 558
P

Piss Mustard

Banned
Reaction score
Yes I own the backwards compatible CECH-A01 ps3 with 4 usb ports sd car reader and all that its in very good condition and I want to maintain it to make sure it doesn't get YLOD. What can I do? I have bought some artic MX-4 thermal compound but been too lazy to apply it. I also want to jailbreak it any idea on where to get started?

I

ISAKM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure to clean out as much dust as possible with a can of air and apply that thermal paste after cleaning the chips + the heatsink side, I recommend cleaning with rubbing alcohol and q-tips on the chips and then for the Jailbreaking part you can just use PS3XPLOIT V2.0, I have a CECHC04 thats also BC, but not fully only the PS2 CPU is in there which means its partially emulated. I did exactly this and I really dont know if it has improved it cause i got it free from a friend because it had a GLOD, I did this and it held for about 3 Months before it YLODed instead and i am to lazy to properly fix it so I just bought a Slim, but whenever i want some files from the FAT i just take a hairdryer and blow on it for 7-12 mins and it works for like a day or two, maybe three. Just so you know there is no way of fully preventing YLOD of happening since the design of the FAT makes it very hot which is the cause of YLOD, but by doing as I said it will be a little bit cooler and the chance of YLOD happening is a little bit smaller. :thumbsup:
To further prevent you should also install Control Fan Utility and go with Automatic Payload setting, do NOT run full speed, I did that once with my FAT and had it like that for maybe 3 mins max, after that it did NOT turn on again afterwards, I dont know why but it didnt, so I had to do the Hairdryer fix right away again :frown:
So yeah do what I have said and you will be fine, for a while at least :wink:
Really only way of fully preventing is to not use it at all :biggrin:

I

ISAKM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how would you properly fix it?
Properly fixing a YLOD means reflowing or even better reballing the CPU and GPU, which means heating up the solder enough so it melts and repositions itself, kind of, im actually not so good at this stuff, but I know a little bit atleast :wink:

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Properly fixing a YLOD means reflowing or even better reballing the CPU and GPU, which means heating up the solder enough so it melts and repositions itself, kind of, im actually not so good at this stuff, but I know a little bit atleast :wink:
you can't fix faulty gpu chip by reball or reflow. I had this experience with xbox 360 and laptop. Reflow and reball is pure BS.

Top Bottom