What's new

I need help with a website

N

Nubble

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everyone,

One of my teachers at school is the head coach for our chess team. He knows that I am fairly computer literate, and he asked me if I could help set up a website for our chess team. He was looking for a free/inexpensive site that would be easy enough for him to maintain/manage. He wants something where he can post a schedule, have a chatroom/forum, and maybe even have an engine for playing online chess. I told him that something like that is possible, and he said he was cool with it as long as he didn't have to pay a bunch of money. My question for you guys is where should I go to find the proper site, and how much would it cost. I know alot of you are very skilled in the computer field, and I was just looking for some help.

Thanks,

-Nubble

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Also when you're doing your research Nubble; tell the places you are a school, they may give you considerable discounts/promos

TerminatioN

TerminatioN

Salty Retired
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
x10Hosting | Home is the best free hosting site I know of. Only thing you have to do to keep it free is make sure you sign into their forums like once every two weeks.

Absolutely no ads and decent specs on what you get. Check it out.

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I used a site called bravehost for the longest time. You can make really nice looking stuff for cheap, and its VERY easy to use. Give it a try.

I

ii CoRrUpT xX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Forumotion.com

Great support, free forum + portal. You can use the portal as a front page and then just have the forums and you can add a chatbox, but last time I checked, theirs wasn't so good. You can always go with a third party though.

N

Nerve

Retired
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry i dont have time or the skill to read all the posts in this thread, but PM me if you need help with anything.

I

ii CoRrUpT xX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, let us know what you will go with. And PM me the final site.

M

Mizwax

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
TerminatioN said:
x10Hosting | Home is the best free hosting site I know of. Only thing you have to do to keep it free is make sure you sign into their forums like once every two weeks.

Absolutely no ads and decent specs on what you get. Check it out.
false. W.cx is the absolute best free hosting. lol. :tongue:

i love them. great admins, mods, etc. just post about 15-100 times to get better packages. im aiming for the top-of-the-line reseller package there. ill have like 25gb of storage and 125gb bandwidth. all for free. if i get it, i could let you use some. or you could just get a starter package.

E

E R I K 527

Reaction score
Sin$
I suggest you just make a wordpress.com account.
Easy to use make and maintain.
You can make posts and upload pictures and all that nonsense.
They also have some amazing free page templates.
I suggest you check it out.

Top Bottom
Login
Register