I need help with a website

Discussion in 'Programming & Scripting' started by Nubble, Feb 18, 2009 with 11 replies and 222 views.

1. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Hey everyone,

One of my teachers at school is the head coach for our chess team. He knows that I am fairly computer literate, and he asked me if I could help set up a website for our chess team. He was looking for a free/inexpensive site that would be easy enough for him to maintain/manage. He wants something where he can post a schedule, have a chatroom/forum, and maybe even have an engine for playing online chess. I told him that something like that is possible, and he said he was cool with it as long as he didn't have to pay a bunch of money. My question for you guys is where should I go to find the proper site, and how much would it cost. I know alot of you are very skilled in the computer field, and I was just looking for some help.

Thanks,

-Nubble

2. n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER The Godfather Retired

Ratings:
  3. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Also when you're doing your research Nubble; tell the places you are a school, they may give you considerable discounts/promos

• Like Like x 1
  4. TerminatioN

TerminatioN AzzidReign loves GTA Retired

Ratings:
    [Click here to view the link] is the best free hosting site I know of. Only thing you have to do to keep it free is make sure you sign into their forums like once every two weeks.

Absolutely no ads and decent specs on what you get. Check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    I used a site called bravehost for the longest time. You can make really nice looking stuff for cheap, and its VERY easy to use. Give it a try.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Contributor

Ratings:
    Forumotion.com

Great support, free forum + portal. You can use the portal as a front page and then just have the forums and you can add a chatbox, but last time I checked, theirs wasn't so good. You can always go with a third party though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. warbo96

warbo96 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Emotive

Emotive Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I can help you out for free.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nerve

Nerve Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Sorry i dont have time or the skill to read all the posts in this thread, but PM me if you need help with anything.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Contributor

Ratings:
    Well, let us know what you will go with. And PM me the final site.

11. Mizwax

Mizwax Member

Ratings:
    false. W.cx is the absolute best free hosting. lol. :tongue:

i love them. great admins, mods, etc. just post about 15-100 times to get better packages. im aiming for the top-of-the-line reseller package there. ill have like 25gb of storage and 125gb bandwidth. all for free. if i get it, i could let you use some. or you could just get a starter package.

12. E R I K 527

E R I K 527 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I suggest you just make a wordpress.com account.
    Easy to use make and maintain.
    You can make posts and upload pictures and all that nonsense.
    They also have some amazing free page templates.
    I suggest you check it out.