What's new

Solved I need help...whats the best way to do this?

• Thread starter upbasher
  • Start date
  • Views 1,026
U

upbasher

Reaction score
Sin$
Please bear with me here, I have zero experience with xbox's and know almost nothing about modding them, but I do have experience modding other stuff thats less complicated lol. I have a stock xbox 360 slim. (Ive done some research and found its a trinity.)

A while back I asked on here how I can get the dlc for the 360 guitar hero games. (specifically gh5 but it doesnt really matter I guess).
Someone answered me and said just to google "Gh5 dlc rgh", and then locked the thread. Well I did, and found the dlc files, downloaded them, put them on a xb360 usb stick, fooled around with it some and figured out how to get the dlc onto the console uncorrupted. Now, the part Im stuck at... the dlc does not show up in the game, no matter how many times I refresh the setlist, go online or offline, or sign in/out, even though under storage settings it shows the dlc is installed properly.
Now I'm assuming this is because it recognizes that I never actually purchased the dlc and refuses to load it in the game. This is the one thing I want to do. I have zero interest in any custom xbox stuff, or modding games, or anything. I just want to have the dlc for the guitar hero games. Thats it.

I tried matching my profile and console id's in the dlc settings with modio, that doesn't work. (Unless Im missing something?). Is there ANY way I can get these dlc files to work without RGHing my console? Did I just download the wrong files? Is it even possible in ANY WAY to play downloaded dlc like this on an un modded console? And if not is there anywhere I can go to find people that will be willing to do license transfers?
Any help would be much appreciated. This is very important to me. Thank you!

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Please bear with me here, I have zero experience with xbox's and know almost nothing about modding them, but I do have experience modding other stuff thats less complicated lol. I have a stock xbox 360 slim. (Ive done some research and found its a trinity.)

A while back I asked on here how I can get the dlc for the 360 guitar hero games. (specifically gh5 but it doesnt really matter I guess).
Someone answered me and said just to google "Gh5 dlc rgh", and then locked the thread. Well I did, and found the dlc files, downloaded them, put them on a xb360 usb stick, fooled around with it some and figured out how to get the dlc onto the console uncorrupted. Now, the part Im stuck at... the dlc does not show up in the game, no matter how many times I refresh the setlist, go online or offline, or sign in/out, even though under storage settings it shows the dlc is installed properly.
Now I'm assuming this is because it recognizes that I never actually purchased the dlc and refuses to load it in the game. This is the one thing I want to do. I have zero interest in any custom xbox stuff, or modding games, or anything. I just want to have the dlc for the guitar hero games. Thats it.

I tried matching my profile and console id's in the dlc settings with modio, that doesn't work. (Unless Im missing something?). Is there ANY way I can get these dlc files to work without RGHing my console? Did I just download the wrong files? Is it even possible in ANY WAY to play downloaded dlc like this on an un modded console? And if not is there anywhere I can go to find people that will be willing to do license transfers?
I was the one who replied to that thread.

The only way you’re getting that DLC to show up is if you RGH your console.

No other way to do it.

RGHfam

RGHfam

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$

In order to be able to put that dlc on your console, you have to have modded xbox also know as RGH or Jtag, it wont work on retail xbox 360. So you either rgh your xbox or buy that dlc on your stock xbox 360

U

upbasher

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay. Thank you guys for an answer. One more question, can someone point me in the direction of the most recent tutorial to rgh a trinity? I have been looking and I can only find outdated ones, or ones that show how to do a whole bunch of extra stuff with it. I need the simplest, most recent basic tutorial.

RGHfam

RGHfam

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay. Thank you guys for an answer. One more question, can someone point me in the direction of the most recent tutorial to rgh a trinity? I have been looking and I can only find outdated ones, or ones that show how to do a whole bunch of extra stuff with it. I need the simplest, most recent basic tutorial.

To rgh xbox solo, you have to have soldering skills and tools. Its better to either buy premodded console or take it to the service which will rgh it

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The absolute easiest method to RGH a Trinity would be using the Ace v3 chip.

It requires soldering to get the job done, as well as a JR Programmer v2 to read the nand and program the Ace.
If you have soldered before in the past, you can follow this picture from the thread here:
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/ace-v3-trinity-install.1576111/

If you haven't solder before, then I recommend sending your console to someone to get it done.

U

upbasher

Reaction score
Sin$
I have lots of experience soldering, done many controllers, motherboards, etc. I have already taken this xbox apart and put new thermal paste on it so thats not an issue either. Thank you very much for the helpful link.

U

upbasher

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay I got my acev3 and my jr programmer. The link to jrunner program in that tutorial is no good, but I found the jrunner software somewhere else. Now after I install the jrunner program do I have to do anything with it first or is it ready to use? Can I just go ahead and continue with the process and solder the programmer and read the nand?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Depends on what dash(es) are in the version you downloaded. Latest is 17526

. Also you'll want to have your antivirus bypass it otherwise it may flag as a false positive and delete files !

U

upbasher

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay I got jrunner open and under the xebuild tab it says dash version 17526. I downloaded the update with jrunner and made a folder inside the xebuild folder called "17526", and put the "system update" folder inside that and thats how I got it there. THats correct right as far I can tell? That should be all I have to do?

Also I have my entire c drive as an exclusion so thats not an issue lol!

Last edited:
U

upbasher

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so I got the nand read, programmed the chip, and got to the point where I try to boot it up and get the cpu key. I can hear (and see) the chip trying to glitch the console, but it never boots. Have tried at l;east 5 different timing files to no avail. I read that the wires connecting the chip to the board could be too long, so I am going to try to make them as short as possible. Does that sound like a reasonable explanation as to why its not booting? Or is it probably something else?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so I got the nand read, programmed the chip, and got to the point where I try to boot it up and get the cpu key. I can hear (and see) the chip trying to glitch the console, but it never boots. Have tried at l;east 5 different timing files to no avail. I read that the wires connecting the chip to the board could be too long, so I am going to try to make them as short as possible. Does that sound like a reasonable explanation as to why its not booting? Or is it probably something else?

yes shorter wires can help speed up boot times especially with (c) post and (d) rst .Although, if using the stock red wires included with the acev3 as is, you should be booting xell.

can you post some pics so i can help you out?

which timing files did you try?

U

upbasher

Reaction score
Sin$
I am not using the wires that came with it. Im using some of the longer color coded ones that came with the jrp.
That might be my problem. I tried the one that he says to start with in that tutorial, one notch faster and slower ones, and then one from an enitirely different folder that was faster and none of them worked so I am counting on it being my wires. Will post some pics tomorrow

U

upbasher

Reaction score
Sin$
I DID IT! Its done! Boot time is about 35 seconds, hope that is not too long but it doesnt bother me so I am sticking with that, I dont want to mess with it anymore. I REALLY appreciate your guys' help.
Now after I rgh'd my first ever console just to continue, back to my original dilemna lol. What do I need to install to be able to play the guitar hero dlc? Do I need just xm360? Or do I need more than that?

R

rutkids

Reaction score
Sin$
I DID IT! Its done! Boot time is about 35 seconds, hope that is not too long but it doesnt bother me so I am sticking with that, I dont want to mess with it anymore. I REALLY appreciate your guys' help.
Now after I rgh'd my first ever console just to continue, back to my original dilemna lol. What do I need to install to be able to play the guitar hero dlc? Do I need just xm360? Or do I need more than that?
Did you get the dlc to work ?

Top Bottom
Login
Register